Monday, March 15, 2010

Operation Beautify Backyard: Phase 2

Last June Handsome Husband started to improve the backyard. He's been having me sketch plans ever since we moved in. A few weeks ago he took me to a rock selling place to get my opinion on rocks. We ended up with a vision of stone flower beds and pretty stone and a bench. This week Handsome Husband took Ballerina outside and started working on the first flower bed. I love when he includes the kids in his outdoor projects.
Today, since my radiation treatment was postponed and it was a beautiful day Handsome Husband decided to work on the yard some more.
He finished it! I helped try to level out the decorative stones in the middle. Not so easy for us non-engineering types. I think it looks fantastic!
Here is the bench of choice. Ahem. It was locally made. To be fair, we were going to get a normal garden bench, but when we got there to pick it up, they had this Dr. Seuss-y looking bench that the kids fell in love with. I like the rain protection- no wet bum when you want to go sit outside!
In case you were wondering how Ballerina feels about it:
She has named the bench "Max" and she was cleaning him.
See the cool-shaped arches? I plan to have the kids put their hand prints on the sides.
The girls are SO excited for their bench. Ballerina keeps asking when the flowers will grow in the boxes. We need to plant some good shade ones.
It'll be SO nice to have flowers to through the sliding glass doors!
Thanks Handsome Husband, I am SO impressed with your hard work. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Ballerina and sweetie are cute and adorable. They are blooming like a flower. Like the header image of your blog. Iflorist.co.uk