Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Mall

We met up with some friends at the mall to catch a sweet Land's End sale (I got some boots and shoes for Capt. A for $5 and $6!!). While we were waiting the kids enjoyed the play place.Captain Adorable LOVES solid foods. I don't think he will have a very hard time going cold turkey off nursing on the 15th. Sometimes he just nurses to take the edge off and then he is cranky until I give him REAL food. We're still having a hard time getting him to take a sippy cup or bottle of milk, formula or juice, but he's getting better. I think he will take it when that's his only way of getting liquids. Anyway, this is a HUGE stress reliever for me.
Captain Adorable enjoyed patting these things.
Sweetie ran around like crazy and had a great time.
Ballerina was being mean to Sweetie and wasn't playing with her and was giving her mean faces. Ballerina prefers to play with new people and it drives me CRAZY that she treats her sister like that. I had to put her in time out for hitting Sweetie in the face.
Ballerina on a toy. I never put money into these things.
Sweetie didn't want her pizza, she wanted to play on this. I'd tell her to take bites and she'd take baby nibbles. It was so frustrating that she was acting like I was making her eat nails instead of pizza.
Then we met up with our friends and the kids played hide and seek in the clothes racks which I'm sure bothered other customers. Sweetie was also pretty cranky and whiny and asking to go home. Sigh.... it reminded me WHY I don't go to the mall with my kids.

1 comment:

V said...

Ooo I LOVE when the soft play areas are enclosed like that!

And I'm glad the stress is off in regards to weaning Cpt. A we don't want you to have anything to worry about with all that's coming up. I hope it's easier than anticipated. :/ you're in our prayers.