Friday, March 12, 2010

Captain Adorable is SEVEN Months Old!!!!

Captain Adorable is getting better at drinking from a sippy cup. This was the first time that he was willingly holding a cup of formula (last Sunday). He still isn't a huge fan of drinking from anything but me. But we have gotten nursing down to just about 3 times a day and that isn't normally more than one side at a time. I was so surprised and happy that he seemed totally fine with weaning since he likes solid food so much. (Seriously, a direct blessing from heaven) Captain Adorable kind of views me as comfort food right now and if I try to JUST nurse him he gets mad and demands some solid foods as well. He has been a little constipated and so is more fussy than normal. He has become SO much more vocal the last few weeks.
  • Captain Adorable can say "Da Da"! He has been exploring his voice with lots of vocalization.
  • He likes to sit up and is getting much better at not toppling over.
  • If you lie him on his stomach, Captain Adorable will immediately flip himself onto his back. He is a back baby.
  • Captain Adorable loves his jumperoo.
  • He doesn't laugh as much when we take his arms out of his shirts. But sometimes he will.
  • He loves to laugh at Ballerina when she plays with her toys. It's so fun to see them interact.
  • He is WIGGLY and hard to hold on to sometimes.
  • He gets super excited about his food to the point of shaking his whole body with his arms outstretched and his mouth open waiting for food. He also shakes like this when you come to pick him up.
  • He likes to "talk" while eating which sometimes results in food being spit at you.
  • Captain Adorable is very easily distracted while eating. I'm so glad I pulled out the highchair because that really helps him focus.
  • When I lay him in his crib for bed or naps, Captain Adorable pulls his warm blanket up to his eyes and rubs them with it.
  • He likes to play with balls and toys and is always putting things in his mouth.
  • He likes to suck and chew on blankets, his fingers and thumb.
  • He still flaps his arms like a penguin when he's excited.
  • When he is concentrating his mouth goes into a little "o." Other times he blows air from between pursed lips.
  • He always lights up when he catches my eye from across the room.
  • He loves when we tickle him and toss him. I think he's going to love wrestling.
  • When he's tired and ready for bed he starts to give open mouthed kisses and suck on my face. If we let him get too tired we get an earful.
  • I love my baby boy!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

So cute! My baby is 6 months old.
I wish my babies would be such good solid food eaters. My first two were so resistant to baby food. I've just barley started this baby with solids so we will see how he does.

The Laidlaws said...

He is sooooo cute Erika! I wanted to tell you...I read in one of your posts somewhere that you heard there was a Captain Adorable outfit at Old Navy but then I think you said you couldn't find it. I was shopping online at Old Navy this morning and saw it, and I just had to email you the link! So here ya go: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=51316&vid=1&pid=733872&actFltr=true
Its so cute!