Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Sweet Boy

Probably the most unexpected part about my whole radiation ordeal (being separated from my kids and husband for 7 days and feeling sick while I was gone) was how hard it was to adjust to being a caregiver/mom again when I got back home. My relationship with Captain Adorable was especially hit.
(Notice his shoes, one says his birthday and the other shoe says his name)
The first time I went to feed him when I got home was crazy. He was grunting and squealing at me while I was trying to feed him baby cereal. I couldn't tell if he wanted to eat or get down. I was totally out of the loop. I was SO thankful that he was willing to take a bottle for me because I felt most comfortable with him sucking to eat. The day that we went to the beach I broke down and cried because I just didn't know what to DO with Captain Adorable! I was totally at a loss when it came to knowing what he wanted. It took a while for us to reestablish our connection. Once we got into a feeding routine and I figured out what his cues were again things got back to normal. I hope I never have to be separated from a baby this young again. It definitely hurt to feel like I'd lost touch with Cpt. A, but I am very happy that we are back where we were and I ADORE my little boy.
When I gave Cpt. Adorable a bath the other day he got his feet stuck in the cup.
No idea how he did it. He's trying to get it off here:
I love this face, it's like he's saying, "Um, a little help here?"
So cute.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

I am so glad that you feel connected with Cpt A again. And I am even more glad that you are back as mom/caregiver and as my companion! I never want to be a single parent, and I greatly appreciate you!

Very cute bathing pics