Then. On the way to the hospital to take the radioactive iodine pill, the nurse called and told me that my appointment was being pushed back a day. They didn't get my lab results in time to make sure my TSH levels were high enough and to decide what dosage of radiation to give me. WHAT?? (I was supposed to get the test yesterday but I was told about that in OCTOBER. I thought all I needed was a pregnancy test and I didn't remember the blood test, so I figured I would do the pregnancy test today instead of going in on Sunday. They called me this morning and told me to go in and get the tests done. Funny how STAT was written on my pregnancy test, but not the blood tests?? It is official that I am NOT pregnant, but my TSH levels could be anywhere).
I called Handsome Husband and told him not to go to his parents' house tonight. I couldn't be home tonight without them. 7 days without them is more than enough.
So everything is pushed back. Tomorrow I drink the radioactive iodine. Sunday I get to eat like a normal person and start taking my thyroid pills again. TUESDAY next week I get to see my little family. So I will be missing one day with my mom in town. I am most upset about that. And the fact that this is an emotional roller coaster. But, I will get to nurse my baby for another day. There's the sunny side to this cloud.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry you've been on such a roller coaster. I am sending good vibes your way. :)
I'm sorry. Hang in there. It will be hard, but it will get better.
Post a Comment