Thursday, September 23, 2010

Utah!!!

We DROVE to Utah on Wednesday night. We left at 5:45pm PST and arrived at about 8:30am MST. The kids slept most of the ride, although they weren't very comfortable and they were pretty cranky the next day. Handsome Husband got sick to his stomach from lack of sleep. I was TIRED. We decided not to drive through the night on the way home. My mom was excited to see the kids. She played with them while Handsome Husband and I napped after we arrived.We went to Utah because my sister Stefanie (on the left) is getting MARRIED! Here Stefanie, The Youngest and I are being fat.And we're cracking up because we are so silly.There's a good picture:
The Youngest was excited to see the kids again.We went to a family birthday party the afternoon that we arrived. The kids loved playing at the park.I was in picture taking mode and I took a TON. Captain Adorable was trying to climb up the rock, he is not intimidated by big things.I love my kids!
Hey, they are all looking in the same direction at the same time!My dad finally got to meet Captain Adorable. Capt. A is my dad's first male offspring. My dad had SIX daughters and no sons. So now he has ONE grandson. He was really excited to meet him.
Papa R followed Captain Adorable around and helped him walk.
Handsome Husband and Papa R had Captain Adorable walk back and forth between them.
I LOVE this picture:It's so exciting when babies are learning to walk.
Captain Adorable and the girls rolled down a big hill.
I adore Captain Adorable's face in this picture:
I think that Captain Adorable looks like my dad around the eyes. What do you think?
We LOVE visiting family in Utah, although we weren't very used to the sun! It felt like we were squinting the whole first day. I joked that we were vampires.

5 comments:

V said...

Wow I had no idea you had driven through the night. Ugh. To me that is one of the hardest things to do. You are brave!
I also think that picture of Capt Adorable is...adorable!

Scott and Katy Adams said...

Howcome your dad has never met capt A?

Erika said...

Katy-
This is the first time we have visited Utah since Capt A was born. My dad hasn't been able to come out to visit us in Oregon, just my mom did.

Cpt Naykid said...

Wow honey, you look really....unfat. You so can't pull off fat you skinny lady :)

Very cute pic of all three kids. When they are next to each other, they definitely look like siblings.

I am happy your dad was involved with Cpt A. It is the most I have every seen him play with a baby.

I disagree, I think all three kids got my eyes. Exact same color when I was a kid, they change like mine, and they all squint the same when we smile. If anything he has your dad's face shape, which is just like yours.

Grandma J said...

I love the black and white picture of me and the Capt. Can you send it to me on facebook? I might want to make it a profile photo. I have the cutest grandchildren EVER! Thank you for coming to visit!!