Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Take Our Picture, Mom!

Ballerina requested that I take some pictures of her and Babydoll because Babydoll is so cute.Ballerina told me that Babydoll is the cutest baby. She says she is cuter than Captain Adorable because she is smaller.
I think they are both cute in their own ways. But that HAIR and those EYES and those DIMPLES!
Ballerina was playing peek-a-boo with Babydoll.
The last couple of days have been much easier with watching Babydoll. I think we have discovered a rhythm and I'm learning more and more of what she likes and needs. I think I mentioned that bottle feeding has been a struggle and now she is getting better at taking the bottle. THANK GOODNESS! I have learned that I could handle a fourth child, but it is awfully nice to be able to hand her off to her mom at 3:45 every afternoon! I have also learned that if you want to bond with someone else's baby, it helps to LOOK at them in the eyes! Babydoll has been patient with me as I have just gone through the motions of taking care of an infant and adjusted to having to hold a baby for large chunks of time again. The other day as I was changing her diaper, she caught my eye and smiled at me and I realized that I had not been interacting with her. So I have been trying harder to talk to her, look at her and treat her more like my own. Watching a friend's baby is a big responsibility, especially when they tell you how much they trust you.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

I am glad that watching babydoll is getting easier. Her eating more and you learning her responses really helps.

I am actually expecting you to be disappointed someday when it is a holiday or a weekend, or spring vacation and you will make the comment, "I miss babydoll"