Friday, September 24, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Despain

Here is the beautiful bride. Stefanie is the 5th of us six sisters. I love the lace jacket she wore.Ballerina got all dolled up for the wedding. I did her hair. She is showing off how she dressed the dog up.
I didn't have my camera most of the day because I was taking video so I can do Stefanie's wedding video. My other sister had the camera.
We put Ballerina and Sweetie in matching dresses.
Handsome Husband was really busy with all three kids. He was awesome.
Stefanie and Tayler were married at Wadley Farms. It was just BEAUTIFUL. There were a couple of towers and they were married in a gazebo covered in vines.
I took these pictures of Stefanie when I had my camera for a minute:
I LOVE this one of her adjusting her veil.

And these are my sisters Ruthann and Katrina. I took this one as well and it gives me hope that someday I might be able to call myself a professional! Aren't they beautiful?
My aunt took this one of me with my spiderbrace getting ready to videotape the wedding. I had a very cute dress, too bad I didn't get a full picture. My friend had to let the hem out for me so it came to my knees.
Here is Stefanie starting her walk down the aisle. She asked Sweetie and Ballerina to walk behind her, carrying the train. I thought that was very sweet of her to include my girls.
And my dad walked Stefanie down the aisle. He teared up for a minute and so did I, which wasn't the best thing to happen when I'm trying to video tape!
And here is the happy couple, married!
Poor Ballerina was so tired, she fell asleep on Ruthann's lap!
Ballerina kept my sisters entertained by loudly pointing out that someone was dressed immodestly (the immodest girl was wearing an unflattering, too short tube top dress). Ballerina also sat down with tomatoes on her plate and neither me nor my sisters enjoy tomatoes. So my sisters asked her about it and she said, "I love potatoes [tomatoes]. My mom doesn't like them, but my dad does. And so do I." Or something to that effect. Sweetie spent her time running and jumping with her cousin Bradshaw.

Aside from some issues with the bridesmaids' dresses fitting, it went really well. The wedding was beautiful, very tastefully decorated by my mom and Stefanie. I loved her fall colors. In the evening they danced in the gazebo which has white lights mixed in with the ivy. One older woman was watching them dance and she said, "It's like Twilight!" My sister Katrina overheard this and we had a great laugh about it.

Stef and Tayler honeymooned in Park City. You can see more pictures of the wedding on Facebook.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Our kids have great eyes! I love all the blue!

So that is how you spell Wadley Farms. I never did see the correct spelling...

I am glad Ruthann was ok with Ballerina hanging on her. The kids were a nightmare at the wedding. I would have enjoyed being more involved and staying, but my priority was with my sanity and the kiddos.

I still need to send that letter I wrote to Tayler. Let me know if you get their address.