Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cereal, Cups and Cinderella

The other morning Sweetie wanted two different bowls of cereal: chocolate (Coco Puffs) and the tiger cereal (Frosted Flakes).I think it is so cute when babies run (or crawl) around in nothing but their diapers occasionally.
Captain Adorable discovered the plastic cups in the pantry and he had fun entertaining himself with them.
What a cute little baby belly!
I decided to try and inspire my girls to help me clean. Jeana's family is coming for a visit and my house hasn't been fully cleaned in months. So I asked if the girls wanted to play Cinderella. I pulled out our aprons and tied their hair up in dish towels.
Sweetie needed to take a nap pretty early into the game so she missed out, but she wasn't actually doing any cleaning. Ballerina loved it because I was actually pretending and doing voices. I ended up settling on a terrible Southern accent, but she thought it was cool. She called me the Big Eight Sister. I guess that was her way of saying wicked step sister. I slipped in some actual teaching as she helped. She now knows how to sweep the dirt into piles instead of just pushing the dirt around with a broom. She helped me sweep, mop, tidy, wash mirrors, dust and wipe counters. Ballerina asked if we were going to play Cinderella tomorrow! I have never had her help me clean for such a long stretch. I would have to say that playing Cinderella was a success and totally worth having to talk in a bad accent.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Interesting, normally Sweetie will barely eat one bowl of cereal. I am always excited when I see her eat a full meal.

Hey, you don't call my belly cute :)

Very creative cinderella idea. The girls loved it and it worked great with them. And the house looks great!