Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Steps

Captain Adorable has taken up to 9 steps in a row now. He started trying to walk on (or about) Friday the 10th. So he's making progress. Ballerina is constantly trying to get him to walk now.
(Sorry I'm so loud, obviously the video is from my phone. I would have re-recorded without my weird cheering, but he was done walking.)
Captain Adorable tries to get up in the middle of the floor by kneeling on one knee and raising his arms in the air and trying to push up with his legs. It ends up looking like he's just excited and falling forward to slap the floor in an exaggerated way. I think it is because he is trying to go too fast, if he would slow down a little then I think he'd have it. He is pulling himself up and trying to walk off of everything now, trying to turn and maneuver like a pro. He normally only makes it two to three steps before falling. He likes to try to go on his toes. I love how gung-ho he is about it and how he doesn't get discouraged. It is very exciting.

Oh, and yesterday, Captain Adorable threw my computer mouse in the garbage (it's wireless). So I bought a new trash can today so I won't end up with important things being tossed.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Congrats to Cpt A! He is a cute walker and he will pick up on it quickly. He gets so excited.

I think it is too funny that he loves throwing things in the trash. He must be like his father :)