Thursday, September 16, 2010

Keeping Occupied

Today was not the kind of day I would normally choose to go to the park. It was drizzly off and on and muggy. But we had to do something to keep entertained while waiting for Ballerina to do her ballet class. When I pulled up by this park Sweetie immediately started asking me to get her out so she could go play. As we walked toward it Captain Adorable started laughing and bouncing in my arms. It just LOOKS like a fun play ground and it is!Sweetie loved this swing.
Sweetie did really well with not having an accident while we were out of the house today. She seems more interested in keeping her underwear clean. If she has a pee accident she always tries to clean it up, I love that about her.Captain Adorable loved the slide. I took him down it as many times as he crawled up the steps for it. He did try climbing up the slide itself, but didn't make it very far. And I totally forgot his shoes.
It is so nice that the ground is made of a spongey material so it wasn't a big deal that it had been rainy.I love this picture:
Sweetie is one of those wonderful children who enjoy pushing others in swings. She told me that she pushed a friend at preschool and at first I reprimanded her for pushing until she told me that she pushed them in the swing. Then I told her that that was very nice.
At first Sweetie thought it would be too hard to climb up the rock wall, but another little girl did it, so Sweetie gave it a shot.
We will be enjoying this park a lot in the coming weeks. Earlier today I took the three little kids to a baby play date in the neighborhood. There were a bunch of babies Captain Adorable's age. It was so nice to be able to walk there with Sweetie helping me push the double stroller. Hooray for friends close by!

2 comments:

Cpt Naykid said...

I am glad that you have developed a routine and have some playdates and time to spend with other adults. I get jealous a little that you get to play sometimes. But the parenting and nuturing function is much different than office work.

I am glad you have friends and support. Having adults to talk with after being with children can be very refreshing.

You do a wonderful job with the children. Thank you!

rachel said...

I LOVE Sweetie's skirt!!