Sunday, June 13, 2010

Strawberry Picking

I have been SO looking forward to June and the fresh Oregon strawberries. We didn't go strawberry picking last year since I was pregnant, but it was a priority this year. Here Handsome Husband is showing Ballerina where a berry is. You can hardly see Sweetie's back as she is crouched down to get the berries. Notice Captain Adorable staring at me.Sweetie busied herself running all the way to the end of the row and back up another one to get to either myself or Handsome Husband since we kept hopping rows to find more berries.
She's so proud of her strawberries.
I would point one out and she would say, "Oh, there's one!" Then she would bend down and pick it and put it in her little basket. After a while she'd dump it straight from her little basket into my bucket.
Ballerina stayed with Handsome Husband. See how Captain Adorable his resting his head on Handsome Husband's back? He was so sleepy. At one point Handsome Husband found an orange ladybug and Ballerina was ecstatic.
Strawberries are SOOO tasty.
We ended up with around ten pounds of strawberries. That converts to 20 cups. I used the new strawberry colander, huller and slicer that my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday to process all the berries. Ballerina helped a little.I intend to go and pick MORE berries before the season is over. And we'll probably do blueberries as well. The girls had a great time.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Those strawberries look sooo soo good!

Cpt Naykid said...

We look like farmers! (except our clothes are clean :). Your camera takes pictures with red. The contrast between the berries and Sweetie looks great. And they do look scruptious. I put some on my pops cereal the other day, it was excellent.

If we go blueberry picking we'll need to make some cobblers!