Monday, June 7, 2010

Family Home Evening: Bike Ride

We decided to go for a family bike ride for Family Home Evening this week since the rain had let up temporarily. Ballerina was beyond happy. She just loves riding her bike with me and she was just chattering away behind me. Captain Adorable did not like the sun in his eyes and cried for a ways. I think Sweetie got tired of being in the trailer with the crying baby. We decided to bike to the duck ponds by the library which is about 5 miles worth of biking, all told. Handsome Husband got quite the work out toting the babies and I got pretty winded even with Ballerina pedaling along with me since there are some hills. Ballerina has a hard time with staying balanced and that adds an extra difficulty to biking with her as I'm always correcting my steering to compensate for her throwing her weight around behind me.We stopped to see the lily pads (Ballerina called them knee pads) and to throw some sticks in the water. Ballerina was pretty proud of the big stick that she found. So, aside from the crying from Captain Adorable, I would say it was a pretty successful trip. Ballerina was disappointed that we didn't have a formal lesson to go along with it. I have a whole box of lessons from a Family Home Evening swap in a different ward and each lesson has magnets to go with the stories in them. The kids love them. I should really do that again in this ward.

No comments: