Thursday, August 26, 2010

South Jetty Beach

On the first day of camping we headed to the beach. We expected it to be a normal Oregon Coast beach day and were pleasantly surprised to find it beautiful, sunny and warm! We had to hike up a huge sand dune to get to the beach. Here are the girls at the top. We came to Florence Oregon with a big group of friends. When we first arrived at the beach the men went to get the ATV's unloaded and we tried waiting for them to get back, but the kids were impatient and disobedient and they went all the way up and over the dune. I ran over (which is REALLY hard going uphill in sand) and found both girls right at the waterline. Thank goodness there was another adult there keeping an eye on them. I made them and their friends come back to wait. Ballerina waited at the top.
We finally gave up waiting because the men were taking too long and we packed our stuff and went over on our own.
Captain Adorable had a little friend.
Ballerina got buried.
Captain Adorable helped Handsome Husband bury Sweetie (he also face planted in the sand, hence the sandy face).Mmmm tasty sand chunks.
Handsome Husband took Ballerina for a spin on the four wheeler.
Hold on tight.
Ballerina LOVED the ATV. She kept asking Handsome Husband if that was as fast as they could go and if they they could go on the fastest one.
Captain Adorable hopped on for a photo op. He didn't get to take a spin.
That is our big group on the background.
Sweetie said she just wanted to watch. She didn't like how loud the four wheelers were and she wouldn't even sit on one when it was off.
Whenever they turned back towards the start Ballerina would ask "Can we not go back?"
Captain Adorable got a good nap in.
And I'd like to introduce this little Babydoll. This is my friend, R and her baby. I will be babysitting Babydoll this school year so R can teach school. Babydoll is three months old and she has a TON of hair!
While Captain Adorable took his nap, I climbed up the sand dunes with Sweetie to get some pictures of her on them.
She loved sliding down them and getting as much sand as possible on her body.
She loved that I was tagging along with her.
Can't you just feel the sand between your toes in this one?
Somersault!
Most Oregon beaches that I have been to don't have this cool grass and the big dunes, so I had fun taking these pictures.
LOVE this one.
I love this one too.
We were on the beach for about 7 hours which is the longest we've ever stayed at a beach with the kids. Ballerina was VERY fussy towards the end, crying about who got to roast her hot dog and whether or not she could have a s'more. We roasted hot dogs on the beach. This fire was SOOO hot which was nice because it started to get really cold around 4pm. But with the fire being that hot it was hard to get close enough to roast the hot dogs!
Handsome Husband is making a s'more...
and eating it.My attempt at a sunset picture.
I LOVE this picture of the sand.
Thank goodness there were showers at our campground!! We all got a shower before setting foot in our tent!

6 comments:

StefanieJinelle said...

Future family reunion will be at this location. Agreed?

Erika said...

That would be fun! As long as everyone doesn't mind camping!

V said...

The location is beautiful but moreso, these pictures are AMAZING. I could feel the texture of the sand in these.

Out-Island Explorers said...

Great job on capturing the fun :) I do get jealous when I hear you say it was cold by 4pm and that you guys can run around in long sleeves and pants... that would be a nice treat. Really.. great shots girl!

Ariana Rose said...

These are really beautiful, Erika! I loved looking through all of them.
My gosh your kids are gorgeous!
I need to suscribe so that I remember to check in to your blog more often!

I love your header and the sidebar button that says pathological picture taker! That's SO cool!

And I like your husband's hat ;-)

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, I concur that the pathological picture taker is quite accurate :).

In our defense, it was because two of the three ATV's weren't starting. Thanks for letting me go as I really enjoyed riding!

I would like to file a complaint, that my ATV picture does NOT look like a power ranger! I believe I am much more, action-hero-style, ready to save the day.

Great pictures with capturing the sand falling in mid-air. I cringe at watching Sweetie somersault in the sand and have all of it fly in her hair and face. I kept seeing her stick out her tongue and get sand out of her mouth by wiping it with her sandy hand...lovely.

The pic with Sweetie on the sand dune top has amazing blue sky in the background.

I must mention that with all the pictures, I didn't see any of my crazy jumping in the ocean water. I think it is funny that I was the only one that went out there :)