Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Children's Science Factory

We recently bought a year family pass to the OMSI for $40 off (which was an AWESOME deal). The pass gets us into other museums for free, so we used it to get into the Children's Science Factory in Eugene on our way to Florence, Oregon for camping.It was small, but not crowded and the kids loved the displays.
Handsome Husband helped make a tube maze for a golf ball.
Captain Adorable busied himself with a toy truck.
I helped Ballerina make a "hot air balloon" out of coffee filters, yarn and a snow cone cup. Then we got to test it out and see if it floated.
Handsome Husband got in on the action. His did pretty well.
There was a baby section for kids 5 and under, perfect for our family.
This interesting thing spins in circles when you pedal. You fill the basket (seen above) with balls and can lower and raise the basket with the rope.
Handsome Husband liked making the arch to test the "key stone" theory.
Ballerina removes the keystone (and the arch tumbled).
Sweetie really liked the arch as well.I thought it was hilarious that she closed her eyes while knocking it over.Captain Adorable steers the boat.
There was a little water in that bucket with some pretend sea animals.
Playing with the puppets.
Captain Adorable wanted to get the ball that was suspended by air.
Captain Adorable loves putting things where they go.
There was an iguana and all the kids loved it. Especially the girls. They liked when it shook its head at them.
Captain Adorable and I at the lego light table.
Sweetie at the light table.
Sweetie is standing in front of a big drum that, when you hit it, blows a puff of air.
Captain Adorable is getting slightly more interested in walking around this way.Ballerina loved the air blowing her hair.
It was a good break from the long drive to our camp ground.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Love that last picture! Looks like you had a lot of fun for it being a small museum.

Ariana Rose said...

I'm with Emmy, that looks like a bunch of awesome stuff packed into a small space! I'm impressed with your focus and exposure. It's tough taking pictures at places like museums and stuff!

Cpt Naykid said...

I love that pic of Sweetie knocking the arch over. Hilarious.

Wow, you caught some pics that I didn't even know you were taking (action pics of me with kids and other things). you are excellent at catching real life on the camera.

That was a serious amount of pics! :) With as small a place as that is, you really got a lot of pictures of everything they have ;)