I didn't have plans to do any kind of theme for Captain Adorable's birthday. But my friend Summer handed me a bag of pirate party supplies left over from her son's birthday. I guess a pirate theme is fairly fitting since his name IS Captain. I was just going to make a ball shaped cake for Captain Adorable, but I made it into a skull to go with theme (or I at least TRIED to make it a skull). The cake is sitting on an upside down cake platter. It's funny because Ballerina has been asking for a pirate costume for the past little while, so she got to dress up. She wanted to be the captain.
We opened presents first. Sweetie wanted to open the presents for Captain Adorable, so we had to keep reminding her that it was his birthday. We let her help open a couple. I gave Cpt. A more Baby Signing Time DVDs with a plush Hopkins frog. My parents sent him a bath time boat with sorting blocks and a squirty whale, a toy firetruck, a soft fluffy stuffed dog and some clothes. Handsome Husband's parents sent him a set of books, a jacket, a dump truck with blocks and some Spiderman socks. Handsome Husband gave him this car toy and Captain Adorable LOVES it. We also pulled an animal train out of storage from the girls' baby toys for him. It was really fun to see how into all the toys he was because I haven't seen him that interested before. Probably because we have mainly girly toys.
So we had a pirate pinata. Hahahaha! Captain Adorable didn't quite understand why we were trying to hit it with the bat. But he was quick to pop some candy in his mouth when it broke open!
Ballerina was especially excited for the pinata. She wants one for her birthday.
I tried to get a good picture of the kids together.
I really don't like taking these kinds of pictures, it's too much work.

Then came the fun cake demolishing. We forego blowing out a candle.
Captain Adorable kept sticking his thumb in, like Little Jack Horner.
Yum.
Sweetie decided that she should help Captain Adorable out.

This is my favorite cake picture. See all the fingerprints from the girls "helping?"
I think this was Captain Adorable's favorite part of the party.


Ballerina was very happy to get her cake. She kept asking if it was time to eat the cake while Captain Adorable was eating it. She was a little nervous about letting Captain Adorable mess it up.
After the girls were in bed, Captain Adorable enjoyed playing with his new toys in his new pjs.
Did you notice his new haircut?


Loving the new puppy dog.

6 comments:
Soooo fun! Wish we were there to celebrate with you all!
What a cool birthday!! And the cake was amazing! Capt. Adorable is so cute and really has his own distinct look! :) Happy Birthday!
~Margene
So cute! He is adorable. If you ever need cake dec. supplies I am the gal to contact! Arianne
Such a fun idea! The cake turned out great by the way(but I wouldn't have expected anything less with you making it). I love the 3rd picture of all of them. That is so funny that he kept sticking his thumb in the cake to eat it. :) My favorite picture of them all though is that HUGE smile with him enjoying his cake. Can he get any more handsome?!!! Perhaps by some miracle we will be there to celebrate his 2nd... keep praying. :)
Happy belated birthday Captain A! The themed party looks so fun.
Happy Birthday son! I am glad he loved all of his gifts. He enjoys the shapes and objects, fitting them in the containers, the cars, etc. So fun to have a boy :)
Thanks to Summer for the decor, it really helped. Great job on the cake. I know he loved it! I enjoyed the pinata too.
Post a Comment