Can I tell you how much I DON'T like getting family pictures taken??? I get way too stressed and I get snappy and it really doesn't help with the kids. Handsome Husband is sooo much better about it. He pretty much ignores me while I'm freaking out. It was even harder to deal with this time because I was stressed about posing us as well as trying to get everyone to look at the camera. We took a little break from the family pictures and I snapped some of just the girls. Handsome Husband got them to smile by swinging Captain Adorable by them.
He is so good with the kids.
Then we tried to get a picture of all three of the kids. Handsome Husband has agreed to try again with me later because Captain Adorable's face is blurry in this one and I don't like the background.
So then I handed the camera back to Summer and we tried some more family ones. This stack one has good lighting on our faces, but Sweetie wasn't quite in the right position. The girls liked it.
We saw other photographers taking family photos and snuck a few of their ideas.
The girls didn't want to smile anymore. We learned that they did better with more poses for shorter periods. If we stuck them in one pose for too long they got bored and stopped trying.
I really liked the pose by this stone wall, but it was at the end of our session so we didn't really get smiles.
I'm giving Sweetie "the look" because she is smiling with a forced underbite.

Summer wanted us to try sitting in the grass. I liked this pose as well, but I don't like how shadowed our eyes are.
Summer was SOOO patient with us. And she even offered to try again and hopefully catch the kids (and me) in a better mood. I don't think they turned out terrible, but at the same time I don't feel like there's a really amazing one. The top one was the best I think.
5 comments:
Your haircut looks great! You are so stylish.
And I'm shocked by how grown-up and boyish Capt A looks in the first one!
I think the top one is my favorite also, but I really like the candid looking one where the kids are looking in the water and you guys are watching then. I also really like the one you took of the two girls. oh and I totally dig captain A's suit! So GQ!
My favorite is the first. I know not everyone is smiling, but there is good character in everyone's faces. Can I print and use that at work?
We can totally do more pictures with the kdis and try to get some good smiles.
You are too hard on yourself. While everyone might not always be smiling and looking just as you want, sometimes those moments capture who you really are the best.
What type of camera do you have?
I think the pictures are GREAT. You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment