I had to take pictures in the light because we are rarely out at this time of day and it was just gorgeous.
Sweetie saw that I had the camera and told me to take a picture of her and her new friends. I love that the girls are learning how to make friends since we've been coming to the park on the weekdays.
This is how Ballerina decided to pose for me. She is sitting on a stump that they call the palace. The kids always head to this tree to play.
Ballerina wanted to bring that little dog. She calls it Baby Bolt and it is one of her favorite toys (it is a girl dog and sometimes has a pink flower barrette on one ear).
When they play at the park they spend most of their time walking or running in groups from tree to tree and imagining. The girls love to be princesses and there are many battles over them.
It reminds me of how I used to play in neighborhoods growing up and I love that going to the park has given my children this opportunity. These days you just can't let them run around the neighborhood, so it's been wonderful to spend a couple of hours a day letting them have some freedom and still being there to make sure they are playing nicely.

Sweetie was tired from all the running around because she didn't eat enough food.
She wanted me to carry her back to our table.
Handsome Husband was playing soccer with a group of guys. Apparently he scored a lot. Sweetie ran over to him and he played with her a little.


I really love Oregon summers.
2 comments:
Wow... you really have a gift for taking great pictures!! They look awesome!
~Margene
Yes, August is truly a beautiful month in Oregon. I like how you can tell stories with your pictures. You are good a painting a picture of how it was to be there.
Did you ever make that fairy book?
Post a Comment