Saturday, August 7, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Photobucket
My weight loss has been ssssslllloooooowwwww. But hey! I finally reached the 20 pound milestone! I only have 3 pounds left to lose to reach my pre-pregnancy weight. I was hoping to have been finished dieting 4 weeks ago, but here I am. I'm very happy with how I'm looking and I can fit into my size eight jeans, but they will probably be a little more comfortable once I lose those last three pounds. I am SO tired of dieting.

When Handsome Husband was taking my picture, the girls wanted their picture taken. Sweetie was between outfits:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Today has been such a great day. Handsome Husband let me sleep in and brought me breakfast in bed. We went garage sale shopping where Ballerina used her allowance to buy a Barbie cruise ship for $3 and a monster truck for a quarter. Sweetie bought a puzzle and a pink pegasus with her piggy bank money. I bought some cute clothes for Captain Adorable and bought a very nice diaper bag for $1 (our current one is a little too small).

Then we went blueberry picking. Oh, my goodness!
Photobucket
The bushes were DRIPPING with berries. They just fell into my bucket. Someone said it was like the garden of Eden. Ballerina had a great time. She introduced herself to everyone she saw saying, "My name is Ballerina," and then she immediately spelled it. Then she'd say, "I'm five. This is my mom." And then she'd come over and hug me and tell me she loved me. She had her own bucket and she did a great job picking blueberries. She sang about them and kept telling me to come and look at the great berries that she found. Ballerina wanted to pick more berries than me, but she couldn't keep up and she told a fellow berry picker that someone taught her to pick blueberries long ago, but that someone taught her mom to pick blueberries faster than her. Hahaha! We were so lucky to find the blueberry patch that we did, because it had a great play area for kids and Sweetie spent most of her time playing in the sand box or play house or on the bouncy horses. She did help me pick a few berries. I was surprised that Ballerina preferred to pick berries rather than go play in the play area. Handsome Husband had Captain Adorable in the back pack and he popped a few berries into Captain Adorable's mouth. Cpt. A liked the berries. Occasionally Ballerina would tell me that she tasted a big one and that it was so good. We paid $1.50 a pound and I think we picked 8 pounds. We had blueberry pancakes for dinner, although the girls didn't want blueberries in theirs.

After berry picking we ate lunch at Taco Del Mar because we had free kids' meals there from the summer reading program at the library. Then we took the kids to Dairy Queen because when Sweetie fills a sticker chart for potty training she gets an ice cream cone. So, we all got ice cream (not so good for my diet, hmmmm maybe this is why it's been so slow...). I tried a new Blizzard (Oreo Brownie Earthquake), but really nothing beats the Reese's PB Cup Blizzard.

Then we watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lighting Thief as a family. The girls were scared, but enthralled and afterward Sweetie said she loved that movie and wanted to watch it again. After dinner I actually played Barbies with the girls and the new cruise ship. I never do that and the girls LOVED it.

It was so cute at bed time because they found the perfect shadow wall in our house and they started dancing and watching their shadows. Sweetie kept saying she was doing the hula and Ballerina was doing a dinosaur dance. I had to videotape it. Such a fun day.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Out-Island Explorers said...

Hey girl, Love all the new posts. I love how the girls want their pics taken too like Mommy! You look awesome girl! I think being a mom has made me feel more confident in my body :) I can definitely tell a difference in my days and the boys when I get down and play with them... glad you had fun playing Barbies (for the old days)!

Cpt Naykid said...

Congrats on losing so much weight! Have I said that you look amazing!

Yes, the blueberries were amazing. It was nice that the patch was so close and so full! I love that our kids are getting annual berry picking experience. Oregon is so great.