Thursday, August 20, 2009

When Daddy Stays Home

In an effort to keep the girls entertained and use random things that I store for some unkown craft in the future, Handsome Husband had the brilliant idea of helping the girls play dress up. Hence, the cowboy and pirate theme.
He coached Baby Dragon on the usage of a good pirate face.
Sweetie LOVED all the fun of getting dressed up. The stick in the pictures is Baby Dragon pointing her "sword" at Sweetie.
More pirate faces.
Sweetie likes to pull her hair things out and has been looking particularly raggamuffin-ish of late. She likes getting her hair done, but won't keep the things in for very long. I keep having to restrain myself from cutting her hair because it is SO CLOSE to being long enough to tuck behind her ears. She is wearing one of the normal dress up costumes here. The girls have recently been into randomly getting dressed up and clunking around the house in play shoes.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

My daughter does the same thing, she will ask for a pony tail and then two minutes later wants it out! Drives me crazy

rachel said...

Does Sweetie still pull out the hair things when you fix her hair the way you did in the last picture? That's how I keep Soph from pulling hers out all the time.

Erika said...

Yes, she can still get them out. She mainly just pulls them out at nap time and bed time. I guess she doesn't like sleeping with hair things in.

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, I admit it was fun dressing the girls up. They had a blast and BD loved being a pirate!

There are some days where I am envious and would love to stay with the girls. That was one of them.