Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cows and Penguins

One of Baby Dragon's favorite things is art prjoects. We bought a cupboard pretty much just for art supplies and she likes to go into it and pull out scissors and markers and paper and glue and make me notes. She almost always says, "Happy Mother's Day!" When she writes on the notes it's always filled with scribbles and random letters that make up some elaborate message that only she can translate.

Today I felt like I should do an art project with her since it had been a while since our last one. I like the blog Art Projects for Kids. She labels the projects by grades, so I was looking at the pre-K/K projects. Baby Dragon was SUPER excited about this cow one.
Afterwards she wanted me to paint her face like a cow. I looked up an image online for inspiration, although my rendition isn't NEARLY as good and looks a little like a cat or a bear. Baby Dragon was very happy with it.
She liked it so much that I decided to have her do one more project. This penguin one calls for oil pastels, but markers worked fine for Baby Dragon.
I also had her practice writing Cow and Penguin. She was pretty much able to sound out Cow, which is exciting.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Great pictures! She is a great artist and what a fun day.

rachel said...

What a good mommy! Face paint is beyond me!!

Cpt Naykid said...

I was so impressed with her art projects. You are a great mentor and teacher when it comes to those. Excellent art work on the face paint. Let's just say its a good thing I don't paint their faces, otherwise they would have stick figures on them :)