Captain Adorable is a skinny little thing. Look at his legs!!!

Pretty soon it'll be hard to remember what his skinny legs were like. Handsome Husband is pretty excited about him getting chunky legs.

When I took Cpt. Adorable to his 2 week appointment he had only gained one ounce in a week. Normally babies gain 1/2 an ounce to one ounce each day. They also normally reach their birth weight by this point, but Cpt. A was only 6 pounds 8.5 ounces. So my pediatrician was concerned, especially since I told him that Cpt. A wants to eat ALL the time. I told him that I wondered if Cpt. A was
tongue tied. I was ordered to pump after each nursing and feed him a bottle of what I pumped (I could get anywhere from 2-5 ounces, so he wasn't emptying me). Then I went to a lactation specialist (he'd already gained 3.5 ounces in two days from getting the pumped milk) and she said that he IS tongue tied. He couldn't stick his tongue out past his gum line, which explains why I'VE been so sore from his munching. I had to go back the following day and have his lingual fraenum clipped. It wasn't a big deal, he didn't even squeal. I think he's doing better nursing, I'll get him weighed next week to make sure.
I love the startle reflex:

Isn't this a funny picture?

Baby Dragon was very excited to feed him a bottle all by herself. Since we were giving him the pumped bottles she had a few opportunities.

Once when Cpt. A was fussy, Baby Dragon told me that he wanted her to feed him a bottle. She kept him entertained on his blanket so I could pump a bottle. She is REALLY good with him. She often reassures him by saying, "Don't worry, don't worry! Baby Dragon is here."

Sweetie got a turn feeding Cpt. Adorable as well.

She loves the baby doll aspect of having a baby brother. She loves him. But she likes to ask to be held when I'm holding the baby...

Cpt. Adorable and Handsome Husband were hanging out together:


I think Cpt. A has a scowl like Baby Dragon.
Cute little baby piggie toes!
These pictures just don't show how SMALL he is! He's SOO light and snuggle-able. It amazes me how narrow his little ribcage is. He's so fun to hold.
I have lost 17 pounds of baby weight!! I hope more will just nurse off, but I'm not holding my breath. I just went through all my larger sized clothes so I'm not wearing all maternity clothes. But it's a little depressing to be back in my size 14's since I work so hard to lose the weight. Sigh... All in good time.
2 comments:
Glad you figured out what was wrong so quickly. Hope all goes well
Congrats on losing so much weight! You are already beating me! Haha!
I am so glad that the girls love Cpt A and that BD enjoys helping so much. She really likes the idea of growing up and being a mommy. You're setting a great example!
Love you
Post a Comment