Saturday, August 15, 2009

Meeting Cpt. Adorable

The girls loved meeting Captain Adorable (I will post a more detailed birth story later). They were SOOO excited! Sweetie walked in saying "Baby Cpt?" (well, her baby talk version of Cpt. A's real name-- which was soooo cute!) And Baby Dragon went straight for the baby bassinet. I knew that Baby Dragon would be excited and I was so happy that Sweetie was just as interested and excited as well. The girls had a great time cooing over the baby and touching him softly.
This is my favorite picture of Baby Dragon with Cpt. Adorable. She is the proudest big sister ever! She called him handsome.
This is the first time Sweetie held him. Look at that grin! Don't they look like brother and sister?? I think that Cpt. A looks like Baby Dragon as a newborn, but he sure looks like Sweetie as well!
Cpt. Adorable "brought" presents for the girls. They are cute little My Little Pony baby sets. Baby Dragon was so interested in Cpt. A that she didn't really play with hers that much, although she was happy to receive it. But Sweetie has had a lot of fun playing with the new toys.
Cpt. Adorable surprised Handsome Husband with a present as well. :) The expansion set to Kingsburg. Handsome Husband said, "I didn't even know that I wanted this, but I do!"My wonderful aunt Abra came and took pictures and stayed afterward to hold Cpt. A for me so I could rest. (This picture is from the night before)
So here is our very first family picture!
Proud Daddy.
Baby Dragon couldn't get enough of holding Captain Adorable!
The little man himself.
Cpt. Adorable and I are home from the hospital and trying to figure out breastfeeding together. He seems frustrated that I don't have more to offer him, so I think he'll be very happy when my milk FINALLY comes in. But the good news is that he isn't a fan of the nipple shield, so I shouldn't have to worry about weaning him from that (I had to use one the WHOLE 18 months with Baby Dragon and just the very beginning with Sweetie). He sleeps well during the day, but nighttime... Sigh. Last night I was up from 11pm until 2:30am with a screaming baby. He was trying to fill his diaper and the gas pains were pretty bad for him. I will say that it is MUCH easier to deal with your later babies crying than it is to deal with your first. You know that they will live, it's ok that they are crying and that they WILL STOP. Hahaha!

9 comments:

Jeana said...

Ahh I can't stop looking at these pictures because they are too precious and so adorable!!!! I am so happy to hear that the girls are doing so well with cpt A. Sorry to hear you had a rough night last night. I wish I lived closer to help out more... I love your camera and have decided that I need one like it before we have this new baby to capure all the 'moments' like you have done so well. Love ya girl best of luck to a quick recovery.

Katie said...

Erika, I am so happy for you all. He is SO precious!!! Shoot me an email when you get a chance and let me know what the name is!!

Toot Sweet said...

What a beautiful family Erica & Joseph!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your girls looks so adorable with the baby. I wish you
many happy days (and some sleep at night)!

Out-Island Explorers said...

Congrats again!! You guys have an adorable little family. I can't wait to hear the stories of the girls with their real live baby doll :) Can you copy me on the email to Katie with his name?? I'm anxious to hear what ya'll decided on. Love ya girl!

Stephanie said...

Oh, He's adorable! Your two girls look so excited and proud. May he sleep better before too long!

StefanieJinelle said...

Yessssss, I'm loving on all of these pictures. :) BD and Sweetie are going to be the best big sisters ever.

Emmy said...

What fun wonderful pictures!! Cute little guy!! Your girls are going to make good big sisters.

V said...

BD is glowing with happiness! What a sweet big sister!