Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grandparents' Visit

Captain Adorable must have planned his arrival so he would be able to meet his grandparents before they went out of town for two weeks. They were just leaving on the 13th, so they stopped by the hospital to meet him, bearing freshly picked blackberries for me. :) Captain Adorable is their 21st grandchild.
One of the funny things about Captain Adorable coming 4 days early is that he foiled a surprise shower for Handsome Husband. His coworkers had planned a lunch shower for him for the 13th. When they called to tell me about it about two weeks beforehand I thought they were cutting it pretty close! They wanted me to come with the girls as a surprise. He came home and told me that someone had scheduled a lunch meeting for him that day and that he thought it was silly to do it so close to the due date. So I kept it a secret, but when I realized labor was imminent, I wondered how and when I should spill the beans. I decided not to say anything until after Cpt. Adorable was born. Then as Handsome Husband was on the phone coordinating his parents' visit for the following day the opportunity came. He asked if 12:30 was a good time for his parents to come. I said, "Only if you are ok with not being here. You have a meeting to go to." He looked really confused. I said, "You have a meeting that you need to take the girls to." Mor confusion. He said, "But I don't know where it is." I said, "It's on the 4th floor. You need to go and bring me some cake." He looked like it was slowly dawning on him and I confirmed that it was surprise shower. He took the girls and they happened to be done in time to get to the hospital at the same time that his parents did, so we were all there together. The people at his work were very nice and we received some adorable clothes, shoes, blankets and burp cloths along with some gift cards. Have I mentioned that I love where he works? Here is the tasty Beaverton Bakery cake they ordered:
Along with special cupcakes just for the girls:

1 comment:

what kind of a name is abra said...

Your camera Rocks! Thanks for letting me be a part of everything. Have you watched the video yet?