Helping Daddy with his scripture reading.
The thing that has been the hardest has been nights. Cpt. Adorable doesn't like to sleep alone and doesn't know how to self soothe. That's pretty normal, I guess. So he ends up in bed with me most of the night, but then he wants to nurse ALL THE TIME. He does sleep the best when he's snuggling with me or Handsome Husband and it's really sweet. I don't mind so much since he's so little and I co-slept with the girls for the first little while. There have been a couple of nights where he is mysteriously fussy and uncomfortable and we can't figure out why. Maybe last night it was because he wanted to eat, eat, eat and my milk supply wasn't up to snuff? Who knows. But in general, it hasn't been THAT bad. When I do get him to sleep in the co-sleeper that attaches to my bed I basically have to keep the pacifier propped in his mouth because he'll wake up frequently and want to suck on it to go back to sleep. When he's hungry he'll refuse the pacifier and squeal at me.
I really love my little newborn Captain Adorable. It's been so wonderful to hold and cuddle him. It's been so fun to see how excited the girls are about him. I love watching Handsome Husband being so gentle with our new baby. It's been a great week!
4 comments:
He is so cute! He sounds just like Clark when you were talking about nursing. I guess boys get pretty hungry.
You are just the therapy I need. We're supposed to start trying and I've been hemming and hawing. But he sure looks worth the trouble. ;D Awww!! I love the daddy baby shots. I want my hubby to have a boy so bad. Adorable!
Good luck with week 2! ;D
He is so cute! How nice to have your hubby home for so long! I'm sad I can't be there!
definitely a cute kiddo. I think that he'll be quite the handsome fellow.
I thoroughly enjoyed staying home and stending time with the family and kids. I would have preferred to take more time off, but I want to save PTO for your radioactive treatment. I know those days will be a lot harder. I will truly be appreciative for everything you do!
Post a Comment