Thursday, August 6, 2009

10 More Days!

Ten more days until my due date!!! Monday I was feeling a very noticeable increase of crampy contractions, but I've been taking it easy the past few days because of a little stomach bug and that has slowed down whatever was happening. On Monday I was convinced that Cpt Adorable would not be waiting until his due date to make his appearance, now I just don't know. My midwife says I'm dilated to two centimeters.

Baby Dragon has caught the stomach bug, so I'm hoping that Cpt. Adorable doesn't come in the next few days so that we don't have to worry about passing anything on to him. He seems to be cooperating and is fairly comfy where he is. I've been wiping down doorknobs and surfaces with disinfecting wipes to try and get rid of whatever this bug is from around the house.Handsome Husband has been REALLY excited about Cpt. Adorable coming and asks me all the time how I'm feeling and if I'm having any labor pains and if the baby is coming. I've had to tell him to back off. Hahaha!

Last weekend Handsome Husband took Baby Dragon camping, just the two of them. It was the last weekend that I felt comfortable with him being away for a night. He didn't take the camera, but when they called me to say goodnight Baby Dragon was as happy and chatty as could be. She was telling me every detail about how Daddy set up the tent and built a fire and they ate marshmallows and were going to sleep in the tent.

I was worried that Sweetie would feel left out, not going with Daddy. But she surprised me. She seemed perfectly happy to stay at home and have some Mommy time. She was jabbering with me and wanting to show me every little thing she did , "Mommy, wook!" I made rootbeer floats.
I read her some extra books at bedtime and she was happy to crawl in bed with me in the morning. It was some sweet one-on-one time for all of us!

2 comments:

Emmy said...

She is so cute! Love that smile. Good luck, so close!!

Cpt Naykid said...

So how are you feeling? Is the baby coming....

We had a blast camping and I am glad you got some one on one time with Sweetie. She really hasn't received that being the second child. In fact, if I go somewhere without BD, she asks for her.

Oh, are you having any labor pains yet? hehe