Monday, September 28, 2009

The Coast!

Handsome Husband took the day off and we headed to the beach! Unfortunately Sweetie woke up with the stomach flu (thank goodness it was just a 24-hour bug). Aren't we terrible parents for making her go anyway? She got sick in the car on the way there and back, but other than that she seemed pretty happy to be at the beach. I almost made Handsome Husband turn around when I realized that we'd forgotten my camera, but the Nunez's had a couple of cameras. We went to Hug Point.
Baby Dragon insisted on getting into her swimsuit since we were at the beach. Even though it was only about 60 degrees. I made her wear her swimsuit cover.
Sweetie was the only kid who was really interested in the water. We were always yelling at her to come back.

Our little family:
The Nunez's"
Captain Adorable's first time at the beach. He basically slept the whole time in the wrap, so I didn't have to worry if he was warm enough.
Sweetie playing with the waterfall (more like a trickle this time of year) at Hug Point.Handsome Husband decided to initiate a dam building.
All the kids helped collect the rocks and sand.
We knew it was time to head out when the kids were huddled under their towels.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love it when you post about the beach:)

Emmy said...

Looks beautiful but freezing!!

Jeana said...

so cold yet so fun! We had such a fabulous time with you guys. it is great that I can visit my best friend and our husbands get along perfect and so do our kids (ok so maybe the other two could get along a little better.... :) but in time.

Cpt Naykid said...

The beach was a blast. I like how you glossed over your "camera" situation :). I am glad that it was resolved and we didn't have to cancel the whole trip! hehe.

Hug point is such an awesome beach. I can't to visit again next year.

V said...

love the pict of Cpt & Sweetie kissing....too cute.