Sunday, September 6, 2009

Captain Adorable's Blessing Day

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we don't baptize our babies because we believe they are saved by Christ's atonement because of their innocence. The youngest you can get baptized in our church is at the age of eight. But we do give our babies a name and blessing when they are tiny. The baby is traditionally dressed in white. I borrowed a little baby tux for Captain Adorable.
Handsome Husband blessed Captain A that he would gain a testimony of the Gospel in his youth and that it would guide and direct him throughout his life. He was blessed to be strong physically, emotionally and spiritually and that he would be a blessing to our family. That he would have a desire to serve the Lord and fulfill a faithful and honorable mission. He was also blessed to find a righteous young woman and be married and sealed in the temple and to raise a righteous posterity.
CAptain Adorable was perfectly behaved for the blessing and was content to be passed up and down the pew. He just slept and grunted (he's a loud pooper). My cousins dwarfed Captain A.
Here is a four generation picture with my mom, me, Cpt. A and my Grandma.These are my only living biological grandparents. My dad's mom actually passed away the morning of Captain Adorable's blessing. My grandma said that my other grandmother and grandfather were there for the blessing- on the other side of the veil.Here is Baby Dragon with some of her girl cousins. She was so excited to have cousins to play with. They came to our house after the blessing.
Handsome Husband and Cpt. A have the same hair!
I was there too...
The girls had fun with their cousins.
Cpt A was getting tired.
Papa J holding the baby.
I took some pictures of Captain Adorable with the croqueted blanket made by one of Handsome Husband's grandmas.
Baby Dragon is ALWAYS kissing on Cpt A.
The girls were kind of fighting over who got to hold him for this picture, Sweetie wanted his head.
Handsome Husband's mom said that Baby Dragon is making the same face that Handsome Husband used to make when holding his younger brother.
Grandma L and Papa J.
Baby Dragon kissing again.He's totally exhausted!

5 comments:

Emmy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, and what great pictures!

V said...

Erika I LOVE THESE!!! They are my new faves. My favorites are the very first one (it has so much character I laughed alound what a cutie) and the B&W where Cpt is laughing.

StefanieJinelle said...

Baha. It's so weird to see Capt A in a suit and not a dress!

Cpt Naykid said...

Excellent pics! I agree with Val, the one of me in black with Cpt A looks very cool.

I am glad your mom was in town and so many in my family could come. I know the girls enjoyed their cousins.

I am grateful for the ability and opportunity to bless our baby. Let's keep praying that we will receive what we asked for!

Love you!

Oh, come on, no post about BYU beating the Sooners! At least I got by BYU tie in there!

Russell and Aya said...

Your little boy is adorable. It is so cute to see your girls loving their brother. You have beautiful children.