Sweetie was SICK. She had been up the night before with the croup. She totally scared me. I heard her crying after we'd put her to bed. I went in the room and she was sitting up in her bed, struggling to breath. I shouted, "Honey! She can't breathe! She can't breathe!" I scooped her up, ran her downstairs and shoved her in Handsome Husband's arms while pushing them out the door so she could breathe in the cool night air. Handsome Husband ended up pushing her in the stroller for about an hour until she could breathe easier. We were SO close to taking her into the ER. Ballerina had heard me saying that Sweetie couldn't breathe so she sat up in bed and asked why she couldn't breathe. I had to smooth it over and tell her that Sweetie was sick, but we were giving her medicine and she'd be fine. Sweetie slept in bed with us. She woke up around 6am, struggling to breathe again. So Handsome Husband set up a movie for her in the garage with the garage door open and they sat in camp chairs to watch. Isn't he such a good daddy?
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Out and In
Posted by
Erika
at
10:40 AM
We had an HVAC guy come and clean out our air ducts. It was going to be loud and Sweetie can't handle loud after all the noisy work we've had done since the pipe burst. So we all headed out as a family to avoid the noise.
It's off to Costco we go.
At Costco we just kept Sweetie in the stroller so she wouldn't touch anything. She wanted to try on these glasses in the Optical section. Isn't she cute in glasses?
Both girls are pretty obsessed with glasses since both Handsome Husband and I wear them. Ballerina even tells me her eyes hurt and she needs glasses (but her vision was fine at her checkup in December).
We had hot dogs. The more I eat them, the less I like them. :(
Handsome Husband, being handsome.
This is one of the faces he makes when he's messing with the kids.
He wanted a picture of his eyes. He has a yellowish rim around his pupils.
Back at home, the HVAC guy told us that he pumped 5 gallons of water out of our vent. So the water has been sitting in the vent for over a month! He recommended replacing that vent. I was not excited about dragging out the repairs more. The floors are finished and we are almost done painting. I'll post pics when I clean things up enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the pictures! Your kids are so beautiful.
Does Sweetie have asthma or was it just connected to being sick? Esther has asthma and we have to do breathing treatments with a nebulizer every once in awhile. I had no idea that being out in the cold air helps them breathe. I'll have to remember that. Could definitely be helpful. Do you know if it's because the cold air helps the swelling in their bronchial tubes go down?
Thanks Abby. :) Sweetie was just sick with the croup. No asthma. But the cool moist air outside is really good when you have the croup. It soothes the airways and I'm sure it helps with the swelling. It would be worth a try the next time Esther has issues.
That's really scary that Sweetie was so sick. I know those panic times when you are scared to death that every second counts. I'm sure it was a little reminiscent of when she had RSV.
I am glad that Sweetie is better and sleeping well.
I haven't seen my weird faces before, so I enjoyed those silly pics of me. In the close up you can really see my wrinkles! yikes! I am almost three decades old!
Val- yes, it totally reminded me of her RSV. I was freaking out a little.
Handsome- I love your wrinkles. A lot.
Post a Comment