Friday, January 15, 2010

Captain Adorable is 5 months old!

Captain Adorable is doing me a huge favor in staying immobile. He has yet to roll over. He is so content on his back.
Sometimes he'll curl over to his side, but he doesn't seem interested in trying to get all the way around. I love this because he still seems like such a young little baby! I'm soaking it up. I love to hold him, he's so warm and soft and squishy.

We gave him his first taste of rice cereal yesterday. At first he had no idea what to do with the stuff in his mouth.
But then he started really going for the spoon. I hope he turns out to be a great eater!
Captain Adorable is pretty close to being a tripod baby (supported sitter). His core muscles are getting much stronger. He's just discovered that he can suck on his feet and that is just too adorable.
Ballerina wanted to show that she could still suck on her toes. Although it's not cute anymore...
Cpt. A loves putting things in his mouth. It is almost like he has a magnet from his fist to his mouth!
When I come and get him out of his crib he has almost always grabbed onto a blanket and been gumming it. He likes to sleep with a blanket on his face, which I don't like! Sometimes the only way to get him to sleep is to drape a blanket over him while bouncing him (like when we are at church). Handsome Husband is the master at getting Cpt. Adorable to sleep! I'm always amazed when Cpt. Adorable will fall asleep when Handsome Husband is bouncing him because he doesn't seem to like when I try to do the same thing. I think Captain Adorable prefers me to nurse him to sleep.

I love this age because babies are always sooo excited to see you! He curls up and lets out a little giggle when he sees me. I love greeting him when he wakes up from his nap! His whole body just shakes with excitement when I pick him up. And he loves mirrors. If I want him to smile I take him to a mirror. Whenever he smiles he curls forward, so if you are holding him facing you, he'll end up head butting your chest. So cute!

When Captain Adorable nurses he likes to reach up and grab my face, hair or shirt. Sometimes he giggles when I kiss his hand. He is a TICKLISH baby! He laughs when I pull his arm out of his sleeve, when I tickle his ribs, when I kiss his neck and his chubby cheeks, when I tickle his feet... I love his little laugh.

Cpt. Adorable really likes his bouncy chair and his Jumperoo. He loves grabbing the toys and is definitely more interested in them. I think he really enjoys the music that his Jumperoo makes. He has started reaching out and grabbing things that I'm holding. The other day at the kitchen table he was on Handsome Husband's lap and when Handsome Husband was turned away, Captain Adorable grabbed the bag of salad from the table.

He absolutely loves when Ballerina comes over and entertains him. I think 5 year olds were designed to be interested in babies so they could help their moms out!
Captain Adorable is such a happy baby and I love him to pieces.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

You are right, it isn't nearly as cute sucking on your toes when you are older :)

rachel said...

He is so cute! We miss you guys and can't wait for our addition. I'm beginning to feel the baby move! Yay!

Cpt Naykid said...

Cpt A is definitely a great baby. He is truly fun to hold and cuddle. Friends and family are always impressed with his cheery mood and smiles. But our kids always seem to perform the worst for my parents :)..."who is pinching that baby!" Haha.

I know he will be mobile and sitting up soon, so enjoy the full baby appearance and experience for the next few days because he is getting big quick. He enjoys the cereal and I think he will continue to be a good eater.

Bobby Sue said...

My son liked the mirror so much that we mounted one on the wall behind his crib and he would talk to the "baby" for ever!