Saturday, January 9, 2010

Money and a Makeover

Ballerina went to a toy focus group and she earned $15 and this toy.She says it is "SO COOL!" Of course, she calls it a Barbie instead of a Polly Pocket which would make the marketing people nuts, I'm sure.
Yeah, because I would never buy a water toy.
Sweetie said it was "so fun."Then when we went to Fred Meyers, Ballerina didn't want to go in the play place. She wanted to go SHOPPING with her $15! So we went up and down the toy isles and she ended up grabbing some overpriced, piece-of-crap toys. It was REALLY hard for me to see her spending her money on junk. But then we walked by a display with a kids' make up case. I showed it to her and she freaked out. She was like, "MAKEOVER!" She totally wanted it. As soon as we got home she wanted to do makeovers.
See her ballerina shoe necklace? Whenever she wears it she always says, "Will people like my necklace?" And then when she sees other little girls (total strangers), she'll hold her necklace out and ask, "Do you like my necklace?" Yikes, she's a material girl!

2 comments:

Emmy said...

It is crazy how girly some girls are. Alex stood in front of the mirror for 20 minutes yesterday pretending to be doing her hair and pretending to put lotion on her face..

As my husband says, I think she spent more time in front of the mirror just now that you have our entire marriage. Who's daughter is she??

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, both Ballerina and Sweetie will makeup. It is definitely just a novelty, but the more it stays like that the more they'll look forward to it. I am just glad they haven't asked to get their ears pierced. Have we agreed on when that is acceptable? Is there a rule of age on wearing makeup, I mean the real stuff?

Man, I don't think I am ready for young women! I like little girls!