Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

This year Easter fell on LDS General Conference weekend. So we had a great peaceful weekend listening to the words of the Lord's apostles and prophet. There were many messages touching on the Savior's atonement. I noticed an emphasis on teaching children to recognize the Spirit, on the importance of motherhood and parenting, and on rescuing those who have lost their way. My favorite session was the Saturday afternoon one. You can listen to or watch the Conference talks here.

During Conference we encouraged the girls to listen by playing Conference Bingo. They got to put a skittle down on each picture/topic if it was mentioned. Ballerina LOVED it. She even asked if we were going to play it again when I told her we were going to listen to more Conference. I was so happy to get Ballerina to participate a little bit, even if it was for the candy. Sweetie was just happy to get candy and would sometimes snitch it from someone's board.
Handsome Husband got Captain Adorable to fall asleep on his lap a couple of times during Conference.
The star blanket is Cpt. Adorable's favorite. I went and bought a back up one this week (it is navy blue on the bottom instead of brown with different colored stars, but it's the same material and everything). He LOVES his blankets and he will suck on the blanket when he is tired. When we give him his blanket he is SO happy and will grin and grab it and pull it to his face and curl his body into it and stuff it in his mouth. It is the cutest thing.
When Ballerina wasn't doing Conference Bingo she was doing things like this:
This is a little tea party for her stuffed animals. Each animal has it's own cup of water.

Earlier in the week we had a Family Home Evening about Jesus Christ's death and resurrection. Ballerina was pretty interested in that. We made "Resurrection Rolls" and that was a big hit with Sweetie. We watched the Living Scriptures video "He Is Risen":
Ballerina asked to watch it again on Easter. We tried to explain that Easter is the 'birthday' of Jesus' resurrection and we ended up singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and blowing out candles on a cake for Him.

Happy Easter! He is Risen!

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Love the sleeping picture, so sweet and cute.

Cpt Naykid said...

the conference bingo was a hit! I think we'll have to do it again.

Always good to be spiritually fed. and having ten hours of it all weekend is a serious booster. It is sad that so many use it as a vacation from church.

Jeana said...

We had chocolate chips for conference bingo but we SHOULD have had skittles! :) I love the tea party for the stuffed animals. :0 Conference was just what I needed. I loved it!!