Handsome Husband participates in a program at work where he gets "health miles" with a pedometer. When he reaches a certain level, based on his activity, he gets a cash pay out. When he asked me what I wanted to do with the cash pay out I suggested that put it towards bikes for the family so we can go on bike rides. It didn't take much convincing to get him on board. He is always trying to get me to be more active. So here is his bike with the bike trailer with Sweetie and Cpt. Adorable:
I do have a helmet for Cpt. Adorable but he wasn't too keen on wearing it. Sweetie loved riding in the trailer and didn't mind her helmet since everyone else had one.
I rarely have pictures of Sweetie and Cpt. Adorable together. They look SO much alike!
This is my bike. It is beautiful. I love it. We bought this attachment so Ballerina can ride behind me because she has a hard time just riding her bike with training wheels. So this way we can all ride places together without worrying about Ballerina keeping up. Red, white and blue-- my favorite color combination.

Ballerina thinks that we have the best bike EVER because it has 3 wheels. She imagines that everyone that we ride past thinks that we have a cool bike and that they wish that they had a bike like us. She LOUDLY says HI to people that we pass and tells them that we are riding our bike.
It's a little difficult to stay balanced with her flopping from side to side. She doesn't know how to balance herself yet. We have been practicing riding together the past couple of days while Sweetie and Cpt. A have been napping (just up and down our street) and she calls us partners. She wrote me a note that said that I was the best mom for riding bikes with her and being her partner.
I have added bike riding to my weight loss program in order to make sure that we use the bikes. We are supposed to ride them 3 times a week (that can be either all of us or just Ballerina and I while Sweetie and Cpt. A are napping). It shouldn't be too hard since Ballerina asks me if we can ride EVERY DAY.
7 comments:
LOVE your bike! It is so awesome! Where did you get it and what model is it, seriously it looks like so much fun.
How fun!! I love Sweetie & Capt. A in their little "tra-way" as Joss would call it. Looks like a lot of fun for you guys. Your bike is so pretty too :)
I still think my bike is cooler :)
Yes, I am very glad that we can get out as family and get exercise and spend time with each other. The more time our family spends with each other, the better for our long-term strength and friendships. I hope our kids continue enjoy hanging out with us!
so fun! Seriously if we move out there we are going to have to get me a bike so we can go on lots of joint family bike trips. :)
Bonnie- I got the bike at Target and it's a Schwinn Legacy Cruiser. :)
Thanks, you are awesome!
Oh, I'm so jealous, I want a bike just like yours! OK, it'll be a few more years before Narelle is old enough to ride, but I'm putting this on my wish list...
Post a Comment