Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Big Three-O

For Handsome Husband's 30th birthday he baked his own cake. I frosted it and wrote on it.
We went garage sale shopping in the morning. Then we had cake and presents.
Afterwards we went swimming as a family and had a BLAST. Ballerina and Cpt. Adorable loved it. Ballerina was self sufficient with her goggles and life vest. Sweetie floundered under water a couple of times, giving her a healthy fear of the water. She wanted to go home after we'd only been there for five minutes. But I took her and slowly got her used to the water. By the end she didn't want to leave. Handsome Husband liked taking Ballerina down the big slide and jumping off the diving board. He tried taking Sweetie, but she chickened out. Sorry, no pictures, I was busy keeping my children afloat.

After the pool Handsome Husband took off to meet his parents at the temple to do a session. I was busy cleaning the house and preparing for his big surprise. I had arranged a surprise birthday party with 6 couples from church. It was a murder mystery party. (see? I redeemed myself for not baking his cake) I left the kids with a babysitter when things were in place and met Handsome Husband and his parents for dinner at Applebee's. So good.

Handsome Husband had NO clue that I had organized a party for him (his first surprise party!). I told him we had to be home by 8 since that is when I'd told the sitter we would be back. I don't know why he didn't insist on staying out (maybe because we'd left Captain Adorable and didn't want to leave him too long with a sitter). So I got him to stop with me for gas, even though we were driving separate cars. I got home a little earlier and hurried to get my costume on (I was the wicked witch of the West). By the time I was coming downstairs Handsome Husband walked in the door and after a moment everyone shouted "Surprise!" (I wish I'd gotten the girls out of bed so they could have been part of that) He had no idea why everyone was all dressed up. I explained that it was a murder mystery party and that he was Robin Hood. I had bought him a costume (with his brother's help deciding on the right one) and it was waiting upstairs for him.
Our babysitter wanted to stay and take pictures since she knew all the adults (she could have walked home at any time since she lives close). She took almost 200 pictures! It was a really fun night, everyone enjoyed it. And I did get a Costco cake for Handsome Husband. We put 30 candles on it. He blew them out in one breath! I love my husband and it was so fun to put on this party for him.

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Thanks for the great party! I enjoyed having everyone over ad think they all had a good time. Really creative idea.

You are one good looking wicked witch! I must say!

Thank you! It is nice to be loved and appreciated.