Captain Adorable turned eight months old today. Handsome Husband weighed him and he's 21 pounds according to his measuring. Cpt. Adorable is SUCH a cute, cute boy. I love him. He is SO happy and good. I just took him out shopping today and someone commented on what a good baby he is. I often say that he is such a good baby that he makes me baby hungry.

My mom bought this adorable outfit for Cpt. A. Check out the TIE and the cute hat! He wasn't too excited for this picture, he was hungry.
- Cpt. Adorable does this whole body squirm where he kicks his legs and twists his back from side to side, moving his shoulders up and down. It's so funny when he does it sitting down and it's hard to hold on to him when he does it while you are holding him.
- He MOVES a lot. If you pick him up he flaps his arms on you and kicks his legs and leans in and out.
- He's always kicking his feet, in the high chair, in the stroller, on the floor, in your arms.
- Sometimes I will know he's awake because I hear a "thwack" noise on the monitor, he's lifting both feet and thumping them down together on the mattress.
- Cpt. Adorable LOVES his bottle now. He will fuss at the sight of it if he is hungry. He tries to hold it himself, but really needs us to hold him and the bottle while he's eating. I love the extra cuddle time.
- He also thinks he can eat anything we are eating, but he constantly gags on everything. And it's the scary kind of gag where he is having a hard time clearing his air passage. Sweetie would have a loud gag reflex, but she seemed to get the hang of food pretty quickly. While Cpt. Adorable LOVES solids, it's going to take a while for him to get the hang of anything more solid than oatmeal. He even gags on those Gerber Puffs. He does pretty well with Mum-mums, though.
- He has just learned to play peek-a-boo by pulling his blanket away from his face and giggling at us.
- I have been trying to teach him the signs for "All done" and "more" because he's been making the same noises for everything. I think he's starting to recognize them. Unfortunately, my BOTH my Baby Signing Time DVDs broke, so that will be his first birthday present.
- Captain Adorable LOVES to grab my hair. I do not love it.
- He has gotten to the point where it is MUCH easier to just stick him in the bathtub with the girls rather than bathe him in his baby tub in the sink. When he's in the sink he tries to grab everything off the counter. In the tub with the girls he gets to splash and play.
- He is great at sitting and playing with a basket of toys. He loves pulling blocks and things out of a bucket. He loves pulling chunky puzzle pieces out of the baby puzzles. He likes taking the pegs out of the Discovery Toys peg board. And he likes to knock toys over. He also enjoys grabbing any book that you may be holding and stuffing the pages into his mouth.
- When he is excited he will let out a growling squeal.
- He babbles quite a bit and loves to say "Da-Da." I'm still waiting to hear "Ma-Ma."
- Captain Adorable loves his star blanket and gets SO happy when I give it to him. He is always stuffing it in his mouth.
Today we went to the park and he got his first swing ride. He was all grins. (sorry my voice is so loud, it was a cell phone video)
These eight months sure have flown by! Before we know it he'll be one!


4 comments:
He is so CUTE! He is making me baby hungry too.
He is so adorable!!! It is crazy how fast they grow!
Haha, we know who his favorite is, "da-da". ;)
Great list. I love that so many are about him being so active. With how active he is, it is surprising he isn't crawling and getting into things. As soon as he figures things out, he might be more of a pill than the girls were!
Wow, big boy! He sure is darling! My little girl is almost two and weighs the same. But we have had problems getting her to gain weight because she doesnt eat ANYTHING, and keeps getting taller.
Post a Comment