And these are the rewards.
Ballerina was SO excited about this that she tried to do EVERYTHING on the chore list. She was VERY self motivated. She went upstairs to clean her room and Sweetie followed. They cleaned up the Legos and shouted down, "Mom, we're doing teamwork!" I think they were overwhelmed and didn't finish the rest of the room. But then Ballerina collected trash, put books away, cleaned up toys and helped me with the laundry. She was SO excited to spend her fairy balls on an art project (we made something Valentine-ish) and then she had enough to bake brownies with me. At the rate she was earning Fairy Balls I was worried that she would easily get up to 25 and we'd have to go ice skating soon! But luckily the smaller categories are appealing enough to her. I do limit how many TV shows and DVDs they can pay for. Sweetie didn't really get it. And it's much harder to get her to earn Fairy Balls. Sometimes I make up a little job for her. Or I give her one for helping me clean up a game that she was playing. But I think with some time she'll figure out the system. Sweetie would just use her Fairy Balls for TV shows if I let her. But she really likes the idea of going out for hamburgers. I doubt she'll EVER get 15 saved up!
7 comments:
This is an awesome idea, thanks for sharing:)
What a great idea! Hope it keeps working so well
That is an awesome idea...maybe I need to revamp our current system!
I know what system I'm using for my future children :)
So cute! We're going to have to try this! Mia loves charts. We did a service chart with stars- she was excited just to fill up all the spaces. I'm sure actually getting a real reward would prove super motivational!
Such a great idea! I am so happy for you that it is working SO well! That is awesome!!
brilliant idea in setting up this system. Ballerina has really responded to this which is great. I don't want to burn her out on it, but I love that she is so helpful and gaining experience and appreciation for work.
Post a Comment