(The star was from a Kid Festival that we went to)
I can't believe Captain Adorable is already 6 months old!
- He is getting closer and closer to sitting up, but I need to give him more tummy time to strengthen his core muscles. As soon as he sits up, he'll move to a convertible car seat because he's too tall for his infant one.
- He does not like tummy time.

- He LOVES his Jumperoo and will bounce like crazy in it. Especially when he thinks I'm going to come and get him out- because he is excited.
- He gives sloppy open mouth kisses that are just too cute. and slobbery.
- He is fascinated with my hair and will reach out and gently touch it. And then he'll grab and yank. He does this with Ballerina's hair too.
- He still laughs when we pull his arms out of his shirts. I LOVE it.
- He smiles at everyone.
- His arms flap like penguin wings when he is excited.
- He LOVES solid foods. He especially enjoys sucking on bread sticks and pizza crusts. He watches my spoon go to and from my mouth. He tries to grab my food from my hand.

- He prefers oatmeal to rice cereal. So far he likes squash and sweet potato, but he's not a huge fan of pureed cantaloupe (but he likes to suck on a whole piece). He likes to grunt while he eats.

- He DOES NOT LIKE his bottle. He just grunts and growls and chews on the nipple. HOW are we going to wean him?
- He seems to tolerate a sippy cup with water, although he's still trying to figure it out. I haven't added formula to it yet, because I don't want him to refuse to drink from it.
- He loves to nurse, but he's been getting more distracted lately.
- Captain Adorable loves Ballerina. He lights up when she comes to play with him. She can calm him down for me and she often asks to play with him and to hold him.


He's smiling now. He'll probably hate me in the future...

- He sucks on everything: his thumb, fist, feet, blankets, burp cloths, toys, my finger, Ballerina's fingers. Do you think we could taste before we had bodies? From the way babies stuff everything in their mouths, I would say no.
- Sometimes he puts the soles of his feet together and just lies there with his feet up like that. It's so cute!
- He enjoys pat-a-cake and peek-a-boo.
- He loves to be tickled.
- He is the easiest baby to get to sleep (out of my kids). And he still sleeps through the night.
- He likes books. He often tries to suck on the pages.
- He loves his little play mat gym with all the toys dangling. It keeps him very entertained.
- He blindly grabs at things if he randomly hits them with his hand.
- He is getting over a long cold and his knee-jerk reaction to getting his nose touched is to arch his back, twist his head away and scream. He does NOT like getting his nose cleaned or wiped.
- He loves being carried around, coddled, loved, sung to, and kissed. Which he gets a lot of.

- He often hears, "You are so handsome, sweet, cute, etc." Mixed with kisses and squeezes.



4 comments:
Wow it's going so fast! He' sounds like you typical adorable baby boy! It's sure easy to tell how loved he is! :)
Olivia really gets a kick out of when we pull her arms out of her sleeves. That's so funny! I thought it was because we were touching (or near) her armpits...but now I think it's a cousin thing.
I'm sorry about the weaning stress that is really hard. Cold turkey might make him hungry enough to take a bottle? (But that'd really hard on all of you because it might make him upset/sad,)
He is so cute!!! I love that age.
Happy boy! I absolutely love how good a kid Cpt A is. He is a wonderful additional to our family and I love having a son!
Oh the times we'll have, and messes we'll make :)
Post a Comment