Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Day in the Life

I got the idea to do this from another blog. I just wrote every thing I did for the day yesterday. It's for my records, but you might like seeing what my days are like. Of course, I added what my kids were doing too. Because I can't do anything the short, easy way.

8am
Pull Cpt. Adorable in bed and nurse, sing, talk, cuddle, pray.
Ponder about the importance of prayer. Ponder how to be more patriotic.
Girls are downstairs watching Winnie the Pooh (Handsome Husband put it on before leaving for work).
Take thyroid meds.
Ballerina offers to watch Cpt. A while I shower with Sweetie. I remind her to get me in case of an emergency. She replies "Don't worry, I'm a good fire fighter girl."
Shower with Sweetie. Song in head: Let us all Press On.
Get Sweetie and I dressed. As I put make up on Sweetie says, "Me too, please." for everything I put on.
9am
Feed girls breakfast.
Change Cpt. Adorable's diaper.
Award Fairy Balls.
Turn on Max and Ruby. (Ballerina paid for it with her fairy balls)
Eat breakfast, read scriptures.
Diffuse fight. Sweetie colors while watching Max and Ruby (she paid for a 2nd episode with her fairy balls). Cpt. Adorable plays on the floor.
Work on a Personal Progress experience.
10am
Phone call from friend.
Check email and try to nurse Cpt. A (he just wants a snack). Ballerina makes a sparkly bead necklace for me. Sweetie plays with stickers.
Ballerina sucks on a lollipop and pretends we are all in a Max and Ruby episode.
Put Cpt. Adorable down for nap (10:25). Ballerina gets dressed and goes into the backyard.
Start balancing budget.
Text from sister leads to checking oldnavy.com (they have a Cpt. Adorable jumper!- but not online apparently) Sweetie joins Ballerina outside. Sweetie keeps checking back in making sure I'm not mad for whatever reason.
Confiscate gardening tool.
Read blogs. Kids are "chased" inside by a "ghost and monster." (11:20) Ballerina plays the Wii and Sweetie reads books to herself.
Finally get back to balancing budget.
Play the Wii with the kids.
12 noon
Make lunch for kids.
Get Cpt. A out of crib and nurse him. (12:25)
Take kids to Albertsons. (this is abnormal, I'm not normally this crazy. The girls were nuts at the store)
Back home (1:30pm)
Read to Ballerina while holding Cpt. Adorable and giving him a sippy cup of water. Sweetie was reading her own book.
Change Captain Adorable's diaper.
2pm
Take thyroid meds. Friends arrive. (I'm babysitting the 2 boys)
Load bread machine with newly bought ingredients (making bread for my low iodine diet- I don't normally make bread) while Cpt. Adorable bounces in his jumper.
Sweetie gets into Ballerina's play makeup. Ballerina is upset.Change Sweetie's diaper and put her in bed for a nap. (2:25) Ballerina and friends go play "ball" in backyard.
Tidy house.
Change Cpt. Adorable's poopy diaper. Toss bag of diapers in dumpster.
3pm
Feed Cpt. Adorable cereal.
Ballerina melts down (friend said he didn't want to be her friend anymore, then accidentally whacked her with a toy bat) Kids come inside.
Put Sweetie BACK in bed. Ballerina and friend clean Cpt. Adorable's room to earn a fairy ball.
Put Cpt. Adorable down for a nap (3:30) Ballerina and friends go back outside to play.
Sort junk mail.
4pm
Show off new floors to friends' parents and friends go home.
Sweep, sort junk paper pile.
Handsome Husband comes home early! (4:30) Sweetie wakes up.
Change Sweetie's diaper.
Check email.
Start emptying dishwasher.
My friend comes over to borrow maternity clothes. Chat with friend while holding Captain Adorable (who just woke up). Handsome Husband takes kids to the park.
Pull loaf of bread out of bread machine.
5:30pm
Empty dishwasher, Handsome Husband and kids are back from the park.
Help Ballerina read while making dinner.
Kiss an ouchie, search for ground beef. No ground beef?? I guess we're going vegetarian tonight.
Search for salsa. No salsa? Guess I'm going to reinvent dinner. Sweetie reads her Tag books. Handsome Husband holds Cpt. Adorable while helping Ballerina with some word games.
Ballerina helps with dishes and Sweetie plays with blocks. Handsome Husband gives Cpt. A cereal.
Put another loaf in bread machine with Ballerina's help.
6:40pm
Handsome Husband takes Cpt. Adorable to get sitter.
I sit to eat with kids. Kids only want plain noodles. Dinner is just so-so. Sweetie rolls her noodles on the table, "making cookies." Ballerina bites holes in her noodles and makes a mask.
Change clothes for date. Handsome Husband is back with sitter.
7:05pm
Out the door!
Nurse Captain Adorable and lean on Handsome Husband during Marriage seminar.
8:45pm
Bowling with friends! I sit and chat while Handsome Husband bowls, does the running man and a handstand.
10:45pm
Dairy Queen with friends!
Share brownie thing with Handsome Husband.
Handsome Husband discovers that he accidentally forgot to return his bowling shoes.
11:15pm
Home. Handsome Husband takes sitter home and goes to return his shoes.
Take thyroid meds.
Wake Cpt. Adorable, change his diaper.
Nurse and rock him and put him in bed.
Cut bread and clean breadmaker (the last loaf rose so high that it popped the lid off! no idea what I did wrong!) while Handsome Husband watches some Olympics.
12 midnight
GO TO BED!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Makes you tired when you go back and realize how much you did in a day. I might have to try this sometime.