I thought of how many of the things that I do are just temporal things. I go to the grocery store weekly. It does nothing for my eternal salvation. But I go so I can feed my family. I thought of how when it comes to feeding our family physically we have to prepare and plan it out. Maybe we should be preparing and planning out our spiritual feeding as well. I felt like I had a moment of eternal perspective and I was happy that I'd spent the day trying to teach Ballerina the value of work. And then I was at the store and my thoughts turned to prices and coupons and food items.
Monday, February 8, 2010
My Grocery Trip
Posted by
Erika
at
11:56 PM
Today as I was driving to the grocery store I was thinking about what would happen if there was a hold up a the store and I got shot and died. Yep, that's what I think about. Anyway, I was thinking about how hard it would be for Captain Adorable not being weaned yet and how hard it would be for Handsome Husband to be dealing with the pain and grief of having lost his wife (and how I wouldn't be hurting from engorgement because I would be dead). How could Handsome Husband deal with that and have enough patience and strength to try to get Captain Adorable to take bottle and to comfort the girls? I thought that I would want to be there. I would want to hover close and let my presence give comfort. And then I thought, no, I would probably just know that they would make it through. That it would be a short adjustment period (eternally speaking) and that I would know that this trial would be for their good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Whoa. ;)
I have morbid daydreams, too- but they don't usually end in a sharpened spiritual perception. Usually I'm just nervous until everyone is safe in the house again. ;)
Haha! Oh my heck. I don't know if this makes me a good sister or a bad sister but the first sentence I CRACKED up. I think being morbid or thinking of crazy things runs in the family.
But I like how you tied that all in. In Sunday School, yesterday we were talking about Noah. And how he had to be prepared for the flood. And one thing that he probably had to do was have food storage. Sounds funny, but true. He was in the Ark for like 150 days or whatever. But it also took a lot of dedication to build the ark, you can't build one in a day. Do you get where I'm coming from? I'm probably just rambling.
But you rock. And please don't plan on dying anytime soon.
You are not alone in your thinkings of murder, etc. I think the "what if" stuff quite often.
I too, think of these kinds of situations more then I should. Scott was in his last semester at Virginia Tech when the massacre occurred. We personally knew people there, (no one who was killed though). Being a part of that small town and tragedy has forever changed my thoughts with everything I do and everywhere I go.
Hey now, you aren't making any plans now are you? Do I need to buy more insurance?
Yes, I occasionally have these thoughts, remember my childhood pessimism?
Dan was explaining to me that he and his wife have discussed who they would marry if the other were to die. He says he would marry Sandra Bullock or Jillian from biggest loser, I told him he could only pick one :).
Who would you pick?
Post a Comment