Her fascination with fairies is increasing. She has started blaming things on fairies if things go missing. She'd dropped something on the floor and then insisted that they fairies had put it on the floor. I borrowed the book Fairy Houses from the library and she is super excited to build a fairy house when we go to the beach this summer. We might try building one in our backyard when the rain lets up.
Tonight there was drama surrounding Baby Dragon's fairy balls. She dropped one. In the toilet. Right after she'd pooped. Handsome Husband flushed it down the toilet. Baby Dragon was full of conflicting emotions because she was happy that she'd pooped on the potty (it's still a major accomplishment that she proudly announces EVERY TIME she does it) but she was also distraught about her lost fairy ball. She shouted down the stairs to me that she'd pooped and then started to explain that she'd also dropped her white fairy ball in the toilet and that it was flushed. By the time she got to the end of her story she was in a heap of tears. I told her I would look and see if there was another fairy ball that the fairies had left and I grabbed a new white one for her from my stash.
Baby Dragon was happy to receive a replacement and asked, "Why did the fairies give me a new white fairy ball?" I told her that it was because they heard that she was sad and wanted to give her a new one so she would be happy. She was still sad about her lost fairy ball and during scripture reading she was sullen. We got to a verse about rejoicing and in an effort to help her feel better, we asked what rejoicing was. We asked if she felt happy, like rejoicing, when the fairies gave her a new fairy ball. She cheered up as she remembered her new one, but then was sad again as she remembered her lost one and said, "I'm sorry I lost my white fairy ball down the toilet." We had her say the prayer and she was nearly in tears again as she told Heavenly Father about her poor lost white fairy ball. Afterwards I asked if she felt better after talking to Heavenly Father and she nodded. I don't know if she really did. She wanted to sleep with her fairy balls and Handsome Husband suggested putting them under her pillow so they wouldn't get lost. She seemed to have gotten over it by the time she snuggled in bed to go to sleep, but we've never seen her so distraught over a lost toy. Quite the drama.
Who new that sparkly pom poms could be so precious?
Here's a happy picture of Baby Dragon with a makeshift hat:
4 comments:
Fairies have started popping up occasionally at our house too... but apparently they're just babies. :)
I have a tiny little "fairy garden" in our living room, with miniature flower pots, and Gen says it's for the baby fairies. :) I'm hoping when the weather warms up, we can expand the fairy garden concept to outside.
Blessings,
Michele :)
BD and Sweetie have never been very attached to toys. Some toys come and go and they really don't care after 5 minutes. But these fairy balls are definitely BDs's new infatuation. She can play with them in creative scenarios for hours. She'll carry them, hide them, cuddle them, talk to them, etc. Highly entertaining. I know our stories have encouraged her, but she is so cute with it.
Love you BD!
You should introduce her to Peter Pan :] ha.
"I believe in fairies, I do! I do!"
Let's look on the bright side of this. At least she did not go diving into the toilet after she pooped in it for her fairy ball. :]
How fun!! I love the imaginations and the adventures that your girls get into. I'm sure it makes thing pretty interesting around there. I still remember the story of you trying to get BD to eat eggs and dying them to look like Dragon eggs--- I'm gonna have to get some of your creativity when Joss gets littl older :)
Post a Comment