Friday, May 22, 2009

Cake and Date

The cake.  
I made my own cake this year because I'm throwing a shower for a friend in a couple of weeks and I needed to practice!  If I had more time I would have piped decorations on it, but I think it still looks cute.  It was definitely good that I did this preliminary run because now I know that I'll be doing the top layer BLUE for the baby shower (it was supposed to be red and came out pink, even with the cake shop gel paste).  And I also know that I need to fill the bottom pans more. Maybe I'll make the top layer smaller as well?  

The celebration. 
Afterwards Handsome Husband took me to see Star Trek (my choice).  It was really good!  I laughed way more than I thought I would.  We had Dairy Queen Blizzards to top off our evening.  It was really nice to get out, I can't remember the last time we had a date!

And here I am 27 weeks pregnant on my 27th birthday!

3 comments:

Jeana said...

I like the cake. You are much more talented at making cakes than I am that is for sure. That is so cool that you were 27 weeks at your 27th b-day. Glad it turned out to be a great one! Have a great memorial day weekend!

V said...

The cake is gorgeous! The baby shower will be great.
I love your pregnancy pictures. Isn't pregnancy so beautiful? Looks like you carry high and tiny. I've heard that being pregnant with a girl vs. a boy can be very different. Have you noticed anything like that?

Cpt Naykid said...

Excellent cake decorating! The colors didn't match perfectly, but you were testing other ideas beyond colors.

I love the action pictures of you blowing out the candles, hehe...especially the second one, you look so intense!