My gifts from me... I mean, from Handsome Husband... are a rain cover for my jogger stroller and my blog from 2008 printed into a book by Blurb with all the pictures and everything. I asked him not to get me anything else since we've spent enough money this month. He was praising me for my selflessness and everything, until my mom called... She wanted to get me something special for my birthday and since I've been complaining about my blurry camera... Well, we went in on it half & half and I got my first digital SLR camera!
A Nikon D40. Being the bargain shopper that I am, I shopped around and found a 6 month old one on craigslist for $100 less than a new one and it came with a camera bag and 8gb memory card. It beat eBay deals by at least $50. Yeah, I rock sometimes.
Yesterday Baby Dragon was more than happy to oblige as I experimented with the camera and tried to figure it out (I picked it up on Tuesday night).
Later, the girls made little pictures with foam stickers:
Baby Dragon's had a whole story with a duck and baby ducks and a nest (in a tree).
Sweetie loves her Tag reader:
Here she's trying to "read" my pregnant belly (the boy was dancing at the time):
Sweetie was being pretty dramatic as we read a book together:
And here's one more picture, because this post just doesn't have enough.
I'm really looking forward to learning more about how to use my camera to take AWESOME pictures. Happy Birthday to me! Thanks, Mom!
8 comments:
Happy birthday! I so wish I could be there to celebrate it with you... I love your camera. I want one!!! There is such a huge difference in the color and clarity of your pictures. Cute pictures of the girls too. I can't believe how long Sweetie's hair has gotten. Love ya girl have a fabulous time with your hubby tonight!
Happy Birthday! :) Your new camera sounds so fun!
Blessings,
Michele
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I am so happy for you! (And I'm excited about your camera...isn't it fun! And you really are amazing at finding deals. I still have not read the manual but I hope to break away from using automatic soon. We can share with each other tips/techniques we discover. smile. This is very exciting.)
Sweetie has adorable cheerleader hair. What beautiful little girls you have.
(And making a blurb book out of your blog is an excellent idea!)
I already called and said happy birthday. But I'll do it again. And I'm jealous of your camera.
Mine is a nikon too! we have to get together, I have a few dvds on how to use the camera. check out this blog, she takes AMAZING pictures of her kids http://karenrussell.typepad.com/
Christina- We TOTALLY should! I would love to do that. And you are right, what an excellent photographer! Sometimes seeing excellent pictures inspires me, other times it makes me feel so inadequate! The only way to get better is to learn and try!
Happy Birthday! I am so glad you like you're camera. Sorry I am so cheap and don't buy the big items for you. I feel like I have improved in the spending department.
So you didn't mention my big cleaning spree for you? Guess it didn't leave too big an impression and I just shouldn't clean anymore...
j/k!
Post a Comment