Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Scripture Memorization

So, I have been working with Baby Dragon to memorize scriptures for a while.  I read about a method by Charlotte Mason and decided to try it out.  We were doing really well with it, but after a while Baby Dragon started losing interest.  We fell out of the habit, so I decided to bring it back a week or so ago.  Baby Dragon has memorized about 5 scriptures since we first started, but we are a little rusty on a couple, so I'll be breaking them out again.  She gets a little confused if the scriptures use too much of the same wording, so I need to make sure the ones I pick for memorization are unique enough that she doesn't mix them together. Her FAVORITE scripture, by far, is Psalms 148:7 "Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps."  Now that we're back into memorizing scriptures she wants to say it every day.   I have her say that one and another one.

I'm super excited because Sweetie has started saying "My turn! My turn!" after Baby Dragon says her scripture.  She repeats word after word and she will request the dragon one just like Baby Dragon.  She can anticipate some phrases as well.  I will have to record her doing it, because it's so cute!  

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

I think it is great that you take time to help the girls memorize scriptures. I think as they grow it will help make religious conversation a consistent discussion point. I love the idea of discussion the spiritual side to everything, because there truly is a spiritual side to everything.

Thanks for being a great mommy!