And in case you were wondering, the reason why the ultrasound pictures have that bowed shape is because that is the shape the soundwaves make. Little tidbit for you.Baby Dragon was very excited to get the picture. She wanted to cut it out (she's become very fond of using her scissors, although she is very aware not to go anywhere near her hair with them). So I scanned a copy for her and she had a great time cutting it out and putting it on the fridge. As she pointed to different parts of his profile she said, "This is the baby boy's nose, and this is his mouth, and this is his head and this is his earwax." Hahaha! Then she said, "I love my baby brother. I'm going to be nice to him."
Baby Dragon is quite attached to her little brother already. I may have mentioned this before, but she is just so cute about it. She will randomly ask to see my belly and she'll put her hand on it and feel for the baby (she did this before I was even showing!). She has been able to feel him kick a couple of times and she gets very excited about that. She'll put her ear on my belly and say that she can hear him. She already includes him in drawings of our family or while pretending. She'll say, "I'm the baby boy's sister." He is definitely already part of our family. She is fascinated with the idea of my belly growing and she likes to point out that it is getting bigger. She also talks about how when she grows up she'll have a baby in her tummy. Sometimes she tells me that the baby boy is ready to come out. She is anxious to meet him!
She has also gotten more excited over other people's little babies. There was a new one at church this weekend and she said, "Oh! How cute!" in a little high pitched sweet voice. It's funny hearing such a small person call something else cute! It's going to be very fun to watch how excited she will be for our baby.
Sweetie is pretty oblivious, although the other day she did ask for my tummy. And then she carefully traced little lines on it with a pencil. She is not quite sure why my belly is so fascinating to Baby Dragon, but she seems to want to be involved. If Baby Dragon has her hand on my tummy, Sweetie wants hers on my tummy as well. Today she was sitting next to Baby Dragon and she kept glancing at her and adjusting how she was sitting or what she was doing with her hands so she could emulate her big sister! Sooo adorable!
As for a name, we are not any closer to deciding on a name for this little boy. I told Handsome Husband that we should just call him Ambrose. He didn't love it. I'm not sure why...
7 comments:
Ambrose is an AWESOME name! What the heck man?
P.S. I'm super jealous that you've had like 8 ultrasounds when I yet to have one. And only one :[
How 'bout Wolfgang?
Baby Dragon is going to be such a great big sister!
I am glad I could attend the ultrasound yesterday. I like to be involved as much as possible, and sometimes things at work take some of that flexibility away. Thanks for being so understanding.
I love that BD is so excited for the baby. She says the cutest thing. I know Sweetie with love him when he arrives. But until then I don't think she'll grasp that a baby is coming.
I visited a family last night and they had a cute little baby. I can tell that I am ready for another cuddly child.
Your baby boy is already cute and handsome. I did not get any good ultrasound picture this time, Oh well. We are not any closer to deciding on a name for our baby boy as well. He could be here any time now. Aren't we in trouble?
Perhaps, Brantis????
That is so awesome! That Baby Dragon is getting excited! :D I remember my parents telling me stories of how I acted when my mom was pregnant with Collin. After my parents found out what my brother was, we went to the grocery store, and I pointed at my mom and said Armano(Brother in spanish I know I spelled it wrong). On the fourth of July before Collin was born, I was sitting in front of my mom sitting on my Aunt's Lap, and I pointed in front of me and said look It's Harmano, Harmano! My mom was so amazed that the veil was still so thin for a 3 year old and I was able to see my brother even before he came out of the womb! It is crazy to think that I was fluent in spanish then too! LOL
Swimmingviolist is Natasha just to let you know!
Post a Comment