After holding the ducks for a while we went and had our lesson. I read the book and we talked about how we should play with people even if they look different. I pointed out that we don't call other people ugly (I'm sure Baby Dragon thought this was a total breach of our rules to even SAY ugly so many times while reading the book, since ugly is basically a bad word in our house).
Then we just had cheese and crackers for snack. I SCOURED the internet and couldn't turn up a good snack to go along with the lesson. I did give each child a marshmallow peep once they were done with their snack, so that KIND of went with it.
Then I had printed off some swan coloring pages and had the kids glue beans onto their paper. They were technically supposed to outline the swan or fill it in with the beans, but they wanted to color as well. They didn't like getting their fingers all sticky with the glue! And because the ducklings were around, they didn't have much of an attention span for the craft because they wanted to hold the ducklings again. I'm glad I didn't try any kind of fancy craft!
Baby Dragon has spent most of the rest of today trying to convince me that our house IS big enough for some ducklings. She wants a pet so badly, but I'm staying strong. I don't need any little pets running around when I will be having a newborn soon! Oh and my camera just hit the 10,000 picture mark. I take an average of 5,000 pictures a year. I'm a shutterbug.
4 comments:
we'll have to have you guys over again soon so Baby dragon can get her pet fix. Jack loves to play with her.
Ducklings! Squeee! :)
I love how Sweetie looks while touching the duckling. She is so excited and yet so careful as to not harm or scare it. She is adorable.
Wow, 5000 pics a year. That is 417 a month or 96 a week, 13.7 a day....can you tell I am an accountant? yikes that is a lot. No wonder the camera is dieing.
Oh well, you take great pics honey!
I don't want pets either (kids are plenty work, ha). But ducklings...aww are they tempting.
I stumbled across your blog from mormon blogs.com I think?? I don't know, but I love your preschool stuff :)
Post a Comment