Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Frog Prince

I HAD to teach the Frog Prince when I found this adorable frog snack in this month's Family Fun magazine (it's supposed to have green grapes for the feet, but I couldn't find any at the store when I went to get the supplies):  
It was a HUGE hit.  At first the kids were telling me that they didn't want apples or grapes as they saw me assembling the frogs, but once the frogs were put together they were VERY excited and the frogs were mostly eaten.
Here's Sweetie eating an eyeball (cream cheese with a chocolate chip in it):
I found the story online where you can print off your own book and color it.  The characters are little paper dolls.  I just printed one and read the story that way.  None of the kids had heard the story before so it was so fun to see how surprised they were when the frog turned into a prince after the princess kissed him!  It was a great story about keeping your promises, even when it's unpleasant.

I lucked out and found this INCREDIBLE craft online: 
The kids had a great time painting their rocks. 
And they absolutely loved their little frogs!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Stefanie says: That last picture of just Sweetie was she trying to eat her green painted rock?

My response: No, she was just trying to eat the paint.

Jeana said...

yet another successful preschool day! I wonder if I could get my boys to eat grapes and apples if I gave it to them that way... What a cute idea for the green frog prince rock! I wish Ben could come to your preschool too. I love his preschool but going to yours also would be great. :)

Cpt Naykid said...

Great job honey! I love all the crafts you do. It helps bring the stories alive and the kids just eat it up (literally!...haha).

Ilove how huge the eyes are on BD's frog. Hilarious!