Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Date Dance

To celebrate Valentine's Day we went to our Stake Adult Valentine's dance.  It was Hawaiian themed and they had some Hawaiian dancers from a local college come and perform for us.  It was wonderful.
Photobucket
I loved the couples dances.  The girl's movements were so flowing and feminine.  The guy's movements were strong and straight.  It was beautiful.  It made me want to go to Hawaii.  Handsome Husband and I had always talked about going to Hawaii for our tenth wedding anniversary (next year).  We were considering planning it.
Photobucket
It was such a treat to enjoy the dancing.
Photobucket
After dinner we got to dance as well.  Fernando and Jeana tore up the dance floor with their killer salsa moves.
Photobucket
Handsome Husband and I goofed off with our very silly swing moves.
Photobucket
It totally reminded me of youth stake dances with Handsome Husband.  Jeana and I were out dancing during the fast songs and the husbands would come and join us for the slow couples songs.
Photobucket
I have so much fun dancing with Handsome Husband.  Especially when we mix it up and pretend like we really know what we're doing.  Someday we will take dance classes together.  I know Handsome Husband doesn't enjoy it as much as I do, but hey, it'll be an excuse for him to hold me close, right?
Photobucket
Fernando did join Jeana for a few fast ones, though.
Photobucket
Jeana and I had fun with the line dances we were jumping around like crazy.
Photobucket
At one point, a slow song came on and the husbands didn't come to ask us to dance, so Jeana and I tried to embarrass them into joining us by dancing all crazy and silly with each other.  It did not work.  We just embarrassed ourselves.  I'm so glad that Jeana has moved in, she helped remind me of why I loved youth dances so much.  It's so much easier to get out there and dance when you have a friend to go with you.
Photobucket
It was such a fun date!  We rarely do double dates with Jeana and Fernando because we are normally swapping babysitting.  I loved spending time with my Handsome Husband.

4 comments:

Jeana said...

Yeah I am glad that you were able to use some of those pictures I took of you and Joseph. They turned out cute. That was such a SUPER FUN night we HAVE to go on more fun double dates!

V said...

It looks and sounds like you had such a wonderful time. Your dancing pictures are contagiously happy. :)

Out-Island Explorers said...

Looks like a LOT of fun you guys!!!

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, the hawaiian dancing was very cool. Feel free to get tickets to their dinner and performance. I would support that date night. I enjoy watching dance more than doing dance. But yes, I would do dance lessons as an excuse to hold you :)