After almost THREE YEARS of budgeting and saving we have PAID OFF our student loans! We are so excited and we are celebrating by going to DISNEYLAND!!! We are having a great time planning our vacation (in May). I asked the girls which princess they want to go to Disney as.

Ballerina wanted to be Ariel and Sweetie wanted to be Rapunzel. I ordered a Rapunzel costume for her online (because I KNOW they will be super expensive at the park and the one at the Disney store was $50-yikes), but in the mean time she has decided that her other favorite princess is Snow White. And we happen to have a Snow White costume for her.
Ballerina was distraught that Sweetie wasn't trying to be a pretty princess.
So we had individual pictures.
If you ask Sweetie who her favorite princesses are she will say Rapunzel, Snow White and Minnie. I think it's so cute that she chose Snow White since she is definitely on the old fashioned side of the princesses. She's been loving watching the movie and she doesn't really get scared when the evil queen turns into a hag. I bought her a Snow White T-shirt to wear.
Ballerina always says Ariel is her favorite. I thought she might want to go as Tinkerbell, but she's pretty stuck on Ariel. We went to the Disney store in the mall to get her costume since we'd thrown away her old Ariel one that was getting raggedy. She really wanted the matching shoes. I had her put them on her list. Sweetie found a Rapunzel swim suit that she was completely attached to. I pointed out other shirts and Rapunzel products, but she said, "No, I just want to wear the swimming suit." I went ahead and bought it for her. I can't wait for the movie to be released, Tangled is so adorable.
The other day I went to Big Lots and they had princess WIGS!!! The girls were so excited about them.
Ballerina was a little upset at first that she didn't look JUST LIKE Ariel and that the hair was too curly. She's a little bit of a perfectionist, but I was totally like that.
They are very excited to go to Disneyland and dress up. Handsome Husband's parents booked their time share for us there and my parents are meeting up with us for a few days (it's always been my mom's dream to go to Disneyland with her grandbabies).
I read online about the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and I plan to take the girls there to get their hair done and to be treated like princesses by the fairy god mothers in training.
I bought Captain Adorable a few Buzz Lightyear T-shirts. I was thinking of dressing him up as some character, but haven't decided. There weren't many options at the Disney store and I don't want to dress him up as Woody. He doesn't really have a favorite character since he's so young. I'm sure he'll have a blast either way.
I am a big Disney fan. I am just as excited as the kids are. I've never been to Disneyland, just Disneyworld when I was a teenager.
So, after our trip to the Happiest Place on Earth, our next goal is to save for a downpayment on a bigger house. We would love a bigger yard and more room to entertain friends. But that's a few years away. In the mean time, we are going to have lots of fun!













2 comments:
Very cute! I'm so excited for you and your family. Huge congratulations on paying off your student debt.
(Dustinn's MBA program is sooo expensive that I'm already having panic attacks over the debt. We hope to also pay it off as quickly as possible.)
Yes, we see how excited the girls are for Disneyland, but we don't see how excited YOU are :). I didn't quite understand how big a Disney fan you were until I suggested this vacation. You have definitely put in over 40 hours of time, shopping, research, etc. into our trip. I think it is funny that you purchased the pins for all of us and that you had to get new dress up clothes for the kids.
I think it will be fun to see how much fun the kids have there. I always look forward to the rides :)
Post a Comment