Thursday, February 10, 2011

Coookies X Four

I don't know if I have mentioned my new calling.  I was released from teaching Primary music (sniff, sniff) and was asked to serve as the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency at Church.  In the LDS Church there is an organization just for the women and it's the Relief Society.  Each congregation has its own Relief Society, but they are all run the same way, joined together into a worldwide organization.  Each local unit has a President with two counselors.  It's a busy calling.  I was surprised that I was being released from being Primary Chorister since I only had the calling for about 8 or 9 months, so I was definitely sad to leave the calling because I just LOVE Primary music.  But I am excited to get to know the sisters of Relief Society better.  And I love the new Relief Society President I get to work with.  Anyway, so one of the things I needed to do in my new calling was make some cookies for a meeting.  So I enlisted some help.  
Photobucket
Sweetie was more than happy to help.  She likes to break the eggs into the batter which often leads to me fishing shells out of the batter.  I used to bake ALL THE TIME when Ballerina was Sweetie's age.  My neighbor used to joke and call me a little Martha Stewart because I was always baking.  It was one of the ways I bonded with Ballerina.  But I haven't baked as much with Sweetie because I have been dieting and babysitting and being busier.  It was fun to bake with her and get a little flashback to doing this with Ballerina.  Sweetie loved wearing her apron that matched mine.
Photobucket
Captain Adorable came to investigate.
Photobucket
He found a tasty treat.
Photobucket
So, as I was doubling the recipe so I could keep some cookies for myself (because I just NEED peanut butter cookies) I inadvertently QUADRUPLED the batch.  Seriously.  I thought it called for both shortening and butter.  It wasn't until after I was mixing them together that I realized that it wasn't butter, it was PEANUT BUTTER!  So I had to add FOUR TIMES the amount of everything else to make up for it!
Photobucket
We had LOTS OF COOKIES.
Photobucket
Not that anyone complained.
Photobucket
The kids were big fans of the cookies that we turned into kiss cookies with Hershey's Kisses.  Sweetie was a very big helper because she unwrapped all the kisses for me and shoved them into the cookies.
Photobucket

Photobucket
As I worked in the kitchen, I looked over to see Captain Adorable clomping around the house with just one of my high heels on.
Photobucket
Cutest. thing. ever.
Photobucket
But at least he was wearing a manly Home Depot apron.  Handsome Husband would be proud.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, I know sweetie would love to do more baking with you. She is a good helper. Nice catch with CA wearing your shoes! I bet he mostly liked the sound...hehe.

Yes, it is a very good thing we have that manly apron. We'll have to get more if he does some helping!