Friday, February 4, 2011

Catch

I love this boy so much!  I never would have thought that I would enjoy playing catch so much.
Photobucket
But when you have an adorable little boy coming at you with a ball and a look of expectation on his face, you just can't help but put your hands out to catch the ball!
Photobucket
And then watching him retrieve the ball that he can't quite catch in return is just too fun.
Photobucket
Where did it go, Mom?
Photobucket

Photobucket
Captain Adorable thought it was so fun to look at me through his legs that he purposely repeated it.
Photobucket
Silly boy.
Photobucket
I also bought a cheap little basketball hoop that suction cups onto the sliding glass door.  He LOVES it.  He tries to say basketball and he yells for himself when he gets the ball in the basket.   It makes him SO happy!  The day I bought it, we were in the car for quite a while, waiting for Jeana at the post office, so I stuck the hoop up to the window right next to Captain Adorable's seat.  We sat in the car together as he repeatedly dunked the ball and I scrambled to catch it before it got out of reach.  He had so much fun (and so did I!).  {When Jeana came out of the post office, her car was dead and we had to figure out how my jumper cables work.  We were pretty proud of ourselves for jumping her car all by ourselves.  It's a good thing there are instructions with the jumper cables!}  

Poor Captain Adorable is sick with a fever and cough.  He caught it from Ballerina (who had to stay home from school for 3 days last week).  He is such a little sweetheart, wanting me to hold him with his little cheeks flushed pink.  I hope he gets better quick, though.

3 comments:

V said...

sorry he's sick, I hope he gets better faster than Ballerina did. :(

Anony said...

Very cute photos of him playing catch! I especially love the one where he's bending over to find where the ball went. Captain Adorable is the perfect name for him! And sorry he's sick. :( Those are always no fun. Hope he feels better soon!

Cpt Naykid said...

Yes, Cpt A is Mr. Adorable. I love playing catch with him and how excited about life he is. He just loves activities and doing anything.

Having a boy is great!